Windows 10: I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it

Discus and support I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been holding this windows 10 update for a while. When I try to update it, it asks me to delete VirtualBox which I deleted already from the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marvel_580, Oct 4, 2021.

1. I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it

I've been holding this windows 10 update for a while. When I try to update it, it asks me to delete VirtualBox which I deleted already from the past update. When I try to find VirtualBox there's no, but the windows update still asks me to delete it, even after I refresh. I already deleted VirtualBox before and windows update keeps asking me to delete it, I didn't re-install virtualbox either. what do I do??????

:)

Marvel_580, Oct 4, 2021
  2. Jaynewton Win User

Windows 10 update needs me to manually uninstall VirtualBox

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I hope someone can help me with this issue.

In the past few weeks I got notices from Windows 10 Update that asked me to manually uninstall VirtualBox because that app was not compatible with Windows 10. I suppose it is preventing updates from being installed.

I tried to uninstall VirtualBox. I opened the control panel--> Programs and Features. But there was no VirtualBox in the list. I opened the Task Manager. There was no VirtualBox there either. Why does Windows 10 Update keep sending me that message when there is no VirtualBox in my PC? What should I do?

I would like to thank in advance whoever that can help me with this issue.
    I don't know if I would get a notice to my email box when someone offers the help.

Jaynewton, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it

1. I don't have the app VirtualBox but the windows update keeps asking me to delete it - Similar Threads - don't app VirtualBox

2. I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have: I have just bought office 2021, as my old one stopped working. I have the purchase key, but it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have and it won't let me change it without knowing it ! I've tried to press 'I've forgotten my PIN', but it then sends me to the page to...
  3. I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just bought office 2021 and it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have: I have just bought office 2021, as my old one stopped working. I have the purchase key, but it keeps asking me for a PIN which I don't have and it won't let me change it without knowing it ! I've tried to press 'I've forgotten my PIN', but it then sends me to the page to...
  4. Microsoft Hello is asking me for something I don't have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Hello is asking me for something I don't have: I made a second Microsoft account for the pc game pass. To log into the X-box app, it asks for a Microsoft Hello PIN I never created. I can't disable it on my laptop as it is not the account signed into my laptop. To change accounts on my laptop, its needs the Hello PIN I...
  5. Microsoft Hello is asking me for something I don't have

Microsoft Hello is asking me for something I don't have: I made a second Microsoft account for the pc game pass. To log into the X-box app, it asks for a Microsoft Hello PIN I never created. I can't disable it on my laptop as it is not the account signed into my laptop. To change accounts on my laptop, its needs the Hello PIN I...
  6. Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps asking me to uninstall VirtualBox: Hello, the app keeps asking me to uninstall VB when i don't have it installed anymore, i have already tried to check the registry but i can't seem to find it and also i've used the AppRPS but it shows 12 empty instances of this:...
  7. I don't understand what this update is and why it keeps asking me to restart or schedule a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't understand what this update is and why it keeps asking me to restart or schedule a...: Today while working on my Surface Book, I received a message box bottom right of the screen that said to either restart now or schedule restart later. I restarted now. Then when it did, I got the same message again. So I restarted again. Then it did it again and same...
  8. Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In: Hi, I have problems with Windows 10 (Build 18351). All Microsoft apps - One Drive, Store, Outlook, Powerpoint etc. etc. keep asking me to sign into my Windows account whenever I open them, even though I am logged into my PC OK with the account. This has been going on for...
  9. Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.: I keep getting emails asking me to update details for a Virginmedia account that has been closed for 2 years and there are no details of this account on my computers. I have lost track of the number of times I have contacted Microsoft without getting a sensible reply.Somebody...
  10. Xbox app asks for a pin but i don't have one

Xbox app asks for a pin but i don't have one: i have seen other people with this problem and they say go to settings - accounts - sign in options yet there is no sign in options there is sign in and passkey but in there there is no pin delete or create a pin, you can create a passkey but that is 6 numbers when the app...