Windows 10: I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings?

Discus and support I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Tonight I received my very first BSOD Now called "StopCode" since I first installed Windows 10 several years ago. I did some research on the code it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Eaglepi, May 4, 2019.

1. Eaglepi Win User

I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings?

Tonight I received my very first BSOD Now called "StopCode" since I first installed Windows 10 several years ago. I did some research on the code it gave me and it was related to my Nvidia driver. A few days ago I got a pop-up telling me there was a new driver available but I didn't install it. After receiving this StopCode I located the latest driver from my card and installed it. After the install I noticed that my screen was brighter than I like it so I went into the display settings expecting to be able to adjust the brightness.

When I got there I did not have any slider for the color/brightness settings in my display section. Below is a screenshot of the StopCode I received and also a screenshot of my display settings to show that I do not have the slider. I may have changed the setting that removed it without knowing I would appreciate if someone who knows how to get back could help me.

I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings? [​IMG]

I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings? [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

:)

Eaglepi, May 4, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, May 4, 2019
  3. How to reset the display settings, color resolution, basically everything to do with color?

Oh I see. Well to set the resolution, you can right-click wallpaper and choose Display Settings. I'd make sure your resolution is set to the native/recommended resolution that actually matches how many pixel dots your screen really has.

But then the color settings, I'd try this:

• Go to Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and choose the Display Adapter Properties link.
    • Go to the Color Management tab, and click the Color Management button.
    • Go to the Advanced tab, and click the Calibrate display button.

If that still doesn't get it back, I'd also try this:

• Click Start to show your Start menu, type "clear" into the keyboard and choose the "Adjust ClearType Text" option.
    • Follow this tool to tune your display more.

Beyond that, the next steps are usually to use either the display's buttons to adjust the contrast/brightness. Although if you're on a laptop, those buttons may not exist. The laptop builder might have some software for their machine, but it varies around
    by builder.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 4, 2019
  4. I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings?

Cannot set level of brightness

Hi Johanna, my name is Max and I'm a Microsoft independent advisor.

I suggest you follow these steps:

Select Start, choose Settings, then select System > Display. Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness. (If the slider isn't there, see the Notes section below.)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402694...

NighthawkX, May 4, 2019
Thema:

I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings?

1. I don't have the brightness/color sider in my system/display settings? - Similar Threads - don't brightness color

2. How come I don't have a brightness setting in windows 10 version 22h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How come I don't have a brightness setting in windows 10 version 22h2?: When I open my action bar there should be a brightness slider, but there is not. There is not even a brightness slider in my display settings.I tried messing with my power save settings but i dont see any option for the slider there. I have a 2070 rtx super nvidia geforce,...
  3. How come I don't have a brightness setting in windows 10 version 22h2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How come I don't have a brightness setting in windows 10 version 22h2?: When I open my action bar there should be a brightness slider, but there is not. There is not even a brightness slider in my display settings.I tried messing with my power save settings but i dont see any option for the slider there. I have a 2070 rtx super nvidia geforce,...
  4. How come I don't have a brightness setting in windows 10 version 22h2?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have Settings in my Microsoft Account: Hi everyone, I am trying to set Offline Permissions, which is supposed to be under Settings in my Microsoft Account.However there isn't a Settings area in my account. Wondering why this is, and how I can set Offline Permissions so I can play Solitaire offline. It says I have...
  6. What is the default display brightness in system settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the default display brightness in system settings: What is the default display brightness in system settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-default-display-brightness-in-system/fa7b88bb-4e6a-449f-aba4-5c3f76128152
  7. My display color settings is ruined

My display color settings is ruined: when the color supposed to be white,turned out a light blue color: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-color-settings-is-ruined/7232a0ac-39a0-4ce3-8124-cf75aa396438
  8. Items on desktop appearing on whichever display I don't have set to be my main display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Items on desktop appearing on whichever display I don't have set to be my main display: After installing some software and doing some updates on directX and stuff, somehow all of the items on my desktop got switch to my external display. If i go into display settings and set the external monitor as my main display, the items get switched back to my laptop...
  9. My display brightness

My display brightness: My display is so light I can barely see it. Only screen app I can see clearly is Fb. I changed brightness and did not help. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-brightness/418543c2-0182-4e8e-b25e-3029b986f3e5
  10. NO brightness tab in Display Settings

NO brightness tab in Display Settings: Hi. I couldn't find the brightness tab in my computer's Display Settings. Only the night mode option. How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-brightness-tab-in-display-settings/da58e88b-c6a6-46fa-bb46-fe3e445ad4d1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 7 Cannot Change Display Brightness

2. i dont have brightness in my display