Windows 10: I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift

Discus and support I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know how to delete his. Can you help me? Thank you!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OgnjenTadić, Jan 3, 2020.

1. I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift

I don't know how to delete his. Can you help me? Thank you!

:)

OgnjenTadić, Jan 3, 2020

2. Ctrl+Shift+Z shortcut unassignable

Here are the quick answers to your questions, and following, a more develop explanations.

1. Ctrl+Shift+Z is an already existing basic, known shortcut in all Adobe softwares for the "Redo" action. I am trying to use it and it’s not doing anything. Ctrl+Alt+V is a shortcut I am trying to assign to an action in the ebook conversion software Sigil.

2. Ctrl+Shift+Z for the already existing shortcut of the "Redo" action in Adobe softwares. Ctrl+Alt+V to a specific function in Sigil.

3. Ctrl+Shift+Z in all the Adobe Creative Suite, Ctrl+Alt+V in Sigil.

Actually the issue happened when I started my work on InDesign yesterday. As you must know, Ctrl+Shift+Z is a very common, basic shortcut for the "Redo" action. After that, I opened up Sigil and tried to assign Ctrl+Alt+V to a certain action, which is the
    setting I put previously in my old laptop using Windows 8.

Then, when I noticed both didn’t work, I opened a software that makes me able to remap my keyboard and assign new keystrokes, key combinations, or even macro, to a single key (SteelSeries software going with my MSI gaming laptop), and tried different key
    combinations. I saw that Ctrl+Shift+A was fully detected for exemple, but if I press Ctrl+Shift+Z or Ctrl+Alt+V, the software only detects Ctrl+Shift or Ctrl+Alt, and not the letter going to it.

Here is a screenshot of some tests I did in the SteelSeries software, testing key combinations. I tried Ctrl+Shift combined with respectively those letters, in this order: w / x / y / z

As you can see, the combinations with the W and with the Y are detected, but with the X and the Z, they aren’t. And if I tried to assigned as shortcut the combinations with the X and the Z in any software, they are also not detected.

I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift 07108b44-c72c-41d9-b68b-4df4631b0164.png

Also, Ctrl+Alt+V is not detected anywhere as mentioned, but Shift+Ctrl+V is detected. Ctrl+Alt+Z and +X are also not detected. But any letter with only Ctrl, only Shift or only Alt are detected.

So the issue is happening in multiple softwares and seems to come from some letters not being detected when used in combination with Ctrl+Shift or Ctrl+Alt. Very weird.... I hope my explanations are clear.

AnnabelleViau, Jan 3, 2020
  3. BaldRicky Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+'n' stopped working

Hi

The extremely useful shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+'n') within File Explorer has suddenly stopped working.

There was an automatic Windows update a few days ago and I believe the last time I used the shortcuts was before this update. These shortcuts worked as follows...

Ctrl+Shift+1 Change View to Extra Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+2 Change View to Large Icons

Ctrl+Shift+3 Change View to Medium Icons

Ctrl+Shift+4 Change View to Small Icons

Ctrl+Shift+5 Change View to List View

Ctrl+Shift+6 Change View to Details View

Elsewhere I have seen a couple of other Windows 10 users reporting the same issue but I have not yet tracked down a fix.

As far as I can tell all of my other keyboard shortcuts are working.

I am on a 9 month old Dell Inspiron 17 5770 Laptop.

Is there a setting I can apply to get the shortcuts back please?

Thanks in advance

Rick

BaldRicky, Jan 3, 2020
  4. I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift

"Shift + Ctrl + Numbers" thumbnail view shortcut in file explorer of windows 10 1511 not working

Hi Mohak,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Shift + Ctrl + Number shortcut fails to work on Windows 10 after update. I will certainly help you.

As initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to check other keyboard shortcuts like
    Shift + Caps Lock, Ctrl + P, Ctrl + Shift + Esc are working like it should.

Similarly check whether Shift + Ctrl + 3, 4,
    5, 6, 7, 8 keyboard shortcuts which customizes the File Explorer view are working.

Follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1:

1. Right click on Start, navigate to
    Control Panel
    > File Explorer Options.

2. Click on General and View
    tab and click on Restore Defaults > Apply >
    OK

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift

1. I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift - Similar Threads - don't delete shortcut

2. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+1 keyboard shortcut: Hello everyone! I have a simple question. Whenever I press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+1, it zooms the screen in onto the mouse, and if I press it again it zooms back out. How do I disable this? I need to use the shortcut for a different purpose on a program, but I cant if...
  5. Windows 10 Control Key Shortcuts Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Shift+N, Ctrl+RightArrow, etc. Don't Work...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Control Key Shortcuts Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Shift+N, Ctrl+RightArrow, etc. Don't Work...: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using the Microsoft upgrade page a few days before the January 2020 deadline and haven't used my laptop much since then. For the upgrade process, all apps stayed installed and all files were preserved. Now I'm using the...
  6. How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?: I don't know how to delete his. Can you help me? Thank you! ***Modified title from: I don't know how to delete shortcut on keyboard ctrl + shift*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-shortcut-ctrl-shift/ad520f7a-b08f-42de-a4b5-ec06e7988d6f
  7. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  8. Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut

Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut: How do I disable Shift+Ctrl+S hotkey in Windows 10 home version? When pressed a red right angle appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-shiftctrls-windows-10-home-keyboard/7c74145f-d106-40c6-8172-c03a58d6fc6e
  9. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  10. How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to do Ctrl+Shift+F10 on laptop keyboard: I can trigger a Fn key on my HP Spectre laptop by using the fn key. However, How do you do Ctrl+Shift+F10? Thanks, Jon 106934