Windows 10: I don't know if I have a virus on my computer

Discus and support I don't know if I have a virus on my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Recently after my laptop started to slow down I decided to speed up the processor by installing AMD Catalyst Control Centre for my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ValRekechynskyy, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I don't know if I have a virus on my computer

Hello everyone,

Recently after my laptop started to slow down I decided to speed up the processor by installing AMD Catalyst Control Centre for my AMD processor.When I was installing it I started to notice that the laptop sounded like it was under a load of stress . The laptop was very warm so I cancelled the installation. I then started receiving pop-up links to Microsoft edge from raptr and then after I received script notifications from Microsoft Windows telling me to restart my laptop . I have no idea if this is a scam and I have run virus checks on my laptop but they take too long ( sometimes up to 1 hour or more) I am really concerned as this is new to me and I have never used Catalyst Control Centre.

If someone can tell me what's going on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

ValRekechynskyy, Dec 21, 2018

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Dec 21, 2018
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 21, 2018
  4. I don't know if I have a virus on my computer

Jsssssssss, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

I don't know if I have a virus on my computer

1. I don't know if I have a virus on my computer - Similar Threads - don't virus computer

2. I have virus in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have virus in my computer.: I am getting warning from McAfee that I have virus in my computer. My McAfee has expired a long time ago. But it keeps on sending me notifications as shown in the pictures. What shall I doBasically I tried to download a movie from an unknown site and this happened....
  3. I have virus in my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have virus in my computer.: I am getting warning from McAfee that I have virus in my computer. My McAfee has expired a long time ago. But it keeps on sending me notifications as shown in the pictures. What shall I doBasically I tried to download a movie from an unknown site and this happened....
  4. I have virus in my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I don't know if my laptop is infected with a virus or if I just have a random error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know if my laptop is infected with a virus or if I just have a random error.: Everytime I go online on my laptop, it repeatedly shows me an audit log message that says "error line 21219 the requested action with this object has failed." It also shows a file location. I don't know if this error is caused by a virus or something else....
  6. I don't know if my laptop is infected with a virus or if I just have a random error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know if my laptop is infected with a virus or if I just have a random error.: Everytime I go online on my laptop, it repeatedly shows me an audit log message that says "error line 21219 the requested action with this object has failed." It also shows a file location. I don't know if this error is caused by a virus or something else....
  7. I think I have a very bad virus on my pc, and I don't know what to do.

I think I have a very bad virus on my pc, and I don't know what to do.: Whenever I open my windows defender I get a pop-up saying "Your IT administrator has limited your access to this app in some areas, and the item you tried to access is not available." on the side where the menu usually is, there is also nothing there. When I had access to the...
  8. I'm not sure if I have a virus and if so I don't know how to fix it

I'm not sure if I have a virus and if so I don't know how to fix it: I recently opened task manager to be greeted with this red tint covering some of the coloums where as before it was standard grey colour over the whole interface of the task manager. I don't know if I have a virus I have done several anit malware scans and nothing has...
  9. I have a virus but I don't know if this will work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a virus but I don't know if this will work.: My cpu is overheating and I guess there is a virus making my cpu overheat. Kaspersky and defender couldn't find anything. I am planning to reset my computer and reinstall the Windows. I want to keep my files but if I keep them, will virus stay? submitted by /u/Second_Rogoue...
  10. I don’t know if I have a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t know if I have a virus: So the other day I ran a windows virus scan and it said I had a virus so I removed it and I did the scan a second time and it said I had another virus. I did this multiple times and it said a new virus each time. I then downloaded norton security and have since run every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont know if pc has virus