Windows 10: i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop

Discus and support i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Derek Messier, Sep 6, 2022.

1. i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop

i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic

:)

Derek Messier, Sep 6, 2022

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 6, 2022
  3. How to setup an APP Password? MS instructions dont match web pages?

I dont see 'more security' in any of the menuing

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-a6f2979a7944

How to create a new app password

To create a new app password for an app or device, take the following steps. You can repeat these steps to create an app password for as many apps or devices as you need.

1. Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft account.
    2. Select More security options.
    3. Under App passwords, select Create a new app password. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.
    4. Enter this app password where you would enter your normal Microsoft account password in the application.
    Note: Once you have created and entered an app password for a given app or device, you usually won't need to do it again.

i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Get Set Solution

also following this, takes me to adding an app, not matching anything like they show app passwords
    the instructions show this

i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop [​IMG]

But I get this

- - - Updated - - -

Which when I click takes me here, I dont want to setup 2 step authentication, that sounds like I have to type in a code from my phone everytime I log in.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/secu...=ro5tgz_myvfdy

- - - Updated - - -

How to Create App Passwords for Outlook.com for Easier Sign-in

I may have found better instructions here, they go into more detail

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I got it working using last set of clearer instructions.

sdowney717, Sep 6, 2022
  4. i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop

1. i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop - Similar Threads - dont microsoft sign

2. Hi Microsoft i dont know why but i was running a memory diagnostic test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Microsoft i dont know why but i was running a memory diagnostic test: It's stuck at 89% i tried to press esc not working netiher F1 is working pls give a quick solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-microsoft-i-dont-know-why-but-i-was-running-a/ad30ea5b-b1b0-4d67-b7e4-e23c1b54baec
  3. Hi Microsoft i dont know why but i was running a memory diagnostic test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi Microsoft i dont know why but i was running a memory diagnostic test: It's stuck at 89% i tried to press esc not working netiher F1 is working pls give a quick solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-microsoft-i-dont-know-why-but-i-was-running-a/ad30ea5b-b1b0-4d67-b7e4-e23c1b54baec
  4. How can i know my sign-in password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  5. How can i know my sign-in password?

How can i know my sign-in password?: I usually signed in with my pin number of local account or microsoft account. I didn't save my password. I tried to reset password, but it was rejected because i didn't write down enough information. i haven't used this microsoft account for sending emails or buying for any...
  6. i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop: i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-microsoft-sign-in-password-to-do/518b4fa7-680d-40cb-af0c-7fa5708a56b0
  7. i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop

i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic repair on my laptop: i dont know my microsoft sign in password to do diagnostic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-microsoft-sign-in-password-to-do/518b4fa7-680d-40cb-af0c-7fa5708a56b0
  8. i dont know my admin user name or password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i dont know my admin user name or password: how dom i find my admin user name or password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-admin-user-name-or-password/d8a31495-66f5-4588-89fe-f2869c3ce6f1
  9. I know my Microsoft account password but I do not know Windows account password

I know my Microsoft account password but I do not know Windows account password: Hi, I forgot my Windows password. However, I know my Microsoft account password. When I try to recover my Windows password, it tells me "You need the Internet for this." Now I have moved to a new apartment, so Windows cannot recognize my new Internet connection settings....
  10. I dont know my windows password.

I dont know my windows password.: I bought this computer because of a crash on my main computer. I am trying to fix my other one by downloading and looking up issues. however, thialot of issues with sign in and passwo can you help me resolve this?rd problems....