Windows 10: I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl)

Discus and support I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashuraaz23, Jan 24, 2020.

1. I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl)

/u/ashuraaz23, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl) [​IMG]

Valeriu, Jan 24, 2020
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Jan 24, 2020
  4. I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl)

WSL 2, GUI Applications using XServer

I've seen this question before, but none of the solutions are working for me. I know the steps that are mentioned everywhere to get GUI applications working for WSL 2 on the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview.

1. Install XServer on your windows 10 machine (here I used VcXsrv)
    2. Run the XServer
    3. Install something in WSL 2 that you want to display (for me it was terminator)
    4. Run DISPLAY=:0 terminator -u to get it running.

However, when I do number 4, I get:

When I echo $DISPLAY it returns :0 as expected.

When I try to open something simple like xclock I get Error: Can't open display: :0

The X server is definitely running as I set it up and it exists in the Windows 10 system tray. I've tried many configurations for the X server, and I get the same thing every time. I've also tried just setting the $DISPLAY in the .bashrc file, with the same results.

I've also tried the solutions proposed here, by exporting DISPLAY to localhost:0.0, which the same results (also tried 0.0, :0, and a few others).

I've tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling things, and I get the same results every time. I'm not sure what to try next.

trueCamelType, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl)

1. I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl) - Similar Threads - don't else Unable

2. I don't know what this means... Do I need to do something?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know what this means... Do I need to do something?: This always comes up, but I don't really know why or what a .net Framework is. My computer seems to work ok but I don't know how to make it go away.[ATTACH]...
  3. Apps Crashing on Launch! I don't know what to do!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Crashing on Launch! I don't know what to do!: I've had my computer for quite a while now (maybe a few years), and some time ago I had a problem with some apps closing on startup. This was fine as I figured out how to fix it from the internet and everything was fine after that. But just now it started doing it again. Only...
  4. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  5. Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop

Don't Know What to Do with the Laptop: I have a 4 year old laptop which windows doesn't let the updates to be downloaded on due to lack of space. It is an older model solid state drive model with 32GB of storage. Currently I have used all the tricks in the book to bring down the volume of stuff on it but still I...
  6. BIG UHOH AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIG UHOH AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...: HI! I am Frances Nichole but I go by Alexus. Any ways I was trying to download a pdf from my teacher and I think I downloaded they who damn shabang. I mean the whole enchilada of my schools site. I haven't checked if I screwed it all the way up yet or not Im shaking with...
  7. I don't know what to do anymore

I don't know what to do anymore: Basically I hate windows 10 and wanted to go back to windows 7, sadly windows doesn't want to cooperate with me. I want a clean install so all my files and settings would get removed and/or reset which is totally fine. Sadly windows 10 does not like me, I've been stuck at...
  8. I don't even know what's happening

I don't even know what's happening: So my microphone has been acting up lately. I have this thing called HP Support Assistant installed on my device and it's helpful. And one day when I was talking to my friends my friend told me, "Hey dude your mic is acting up again." I've had issues with this on another...
  9. Sometimes I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes I don't know what to do: One of my colleagues can't open .pst file. She is using MS Outlook 2013. Only yesterday hers .pst file was fine. 92750
  10. Power settings that I don't know what they do.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings that I don't know what they do.: Hello ! I have a laptop and I never actually configured it, so I figured it's about time I did that. This is the laptop I'm talking about: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i7-2620m Nvidia NVS 4200m While creating a 'power plan', there are some settings that I don't know what...