Windows 10: I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now.

Discus and support I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I bought this laptop that has dedicated graphics, and it had/has graphics issues, but was still usable. Now I can't open my notifications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JadenLeRed, Jan 19, 2021.

1. I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now.

So, I bought this laptop that has dedicated graphics, and it had/has graphics issues, but was still usable.

Now I can't open my notifications sidebar/control center, some text next to check boxes in the Settings app Windows 10 is missing, some lists of apps don't appear, launching things like "Create and edit disk partitions" Which would normally open the normal Windows Partition Manager just don't do anything when tried launching from a search, and other very strange bugs.'

I REALLY did not want to have to reinstall Windows 10 a 4th time since I got this laptop not even a month ago, but I... TRIED.

I can't even reset this laptop anymore, through the downloadable option or the local one, it just restarts and fails, putting me back into the failing operating system I've had to work with for a week. These peculiar glitches started happening around a week ago, but I was putting off resetting my PC because reinstalling all of my applications just takes forever. Oh yea, I also can't even update/download/install Microsoft Store apps anymore.

My theory is that I picked up a strange virus from one or more cracked applications I've installed, but I've not installed any just a week ago, I had already had my apps reinstalled by then. The only cracked apps I've installed period are: The whole Adobe 2020/2021 Creative Suite/Master Collection. I uninstalled most of it though, I really only needed a few, like Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop, among a few others.

Please help me, I don't want to have to watch this nice gaming laptop fall to Windows 10 another time, or a 5th time.

Thanks,

-jaden-

:)

JadenLeRed, Jan 19, 2021
  2. rian30 Win User

Nokia 5530 don´t start

Last year I bought a nokia 5530 but a few days ago it don´t start.. It just appear the nokia logo and nothing else... I´ve been trying to hard reset it like you say in here but it doesn´t work... Please help

rian30, Jan 19, 2021
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Jan 19, 2021
  4. I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now.

pc won`t update

I`ve been trying to solve this problem for 3 months to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

EVERY time the computer check new updates, the following message appears:

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

My PC is connected to the internet, so this could not be the problem.

you`ve only directed me to a window link, which I don`T really understand.

Could ANYONE PLEASE send me a simple answer how I can solve this problem step by step???????

Thanks.

Arnon

ArnonZlotnik, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now.

1. I don't know what virus I've picked up, but I can't reset my PC now. - Similar Threads - don't virus I've

2. I don't know my challenge phrase, what now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know my challenge phrase, what now: I can not go back to pin to try to click on forgot pinI do not have answer to change questiondo not remember having one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-challenge-phrase-what-now/37ffcb56-09e8-41ae-8f9a-f5a90aecfd48
  3. I don't know my challenge phrase, what now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know my challenge phrase, what now: I can not go back to pin to try to click on forgot pinI do not have answer to change questiondo not remember having one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-my-challenge-phrase-what-now/37ffcb56-09e8-41ae-8f9a-f5a90aecfd48
  4. I don't know my challenge phrase, what now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I think I have a very bad virus on my pc, and I don't know what to do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think I have a very bad virus on my pc, and I don't know what to do.: Whenever I open my windows defender I get a pop-up saying "Your IT administrator has limited your access to this app in some areas, and the item you tried to access is not available." on the side where the menu usually is, there is also nothing there. When I had access to the...
  6. Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...: Hello,Almost a week ago, my computer went into an Automatic Repair Loop out of the blue. There was nothing wrong with it before it went into the ARL. I tried fixing it by doing 2 system restorations. They didn't help with anything, so I tried starting my computer in safe mode...
  7. Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...: Hello,Almost a week ago, my computer went into an Automatic Repair Loop out of the blue. There was nothing wrong with it before it went into the ARL. I tried fixing it by doing 2 system restorations. They didn't help with anything, so I tried starting my computer in safe mode...
  8. Something's up with my computer and I don't know what it is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. i don't know how to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3
  10. i don't know how to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i don't know how to reset my pc: How do I go about resetting my PC? I have a virus on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-dont-know-how-to-reset-my-pc/0949c461-8a9b-45f5-82f6-3b47df87e1e3