Windows 10: I don't know what's my graphic card name

Discus and support I don't know what's my graphic card name in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by random8019, Oct 28, 2015.

1. I don't know what's my graphic card name

Windows 10 can't detect my graphic card, and the only details I remember about it is that it's a NVIDIA GeForce card between the years 2005-2007.
    I already tried NVIDIA Auto-detection tool (GeForce Experience) and it couldn't detect it, tried 'dxdiag', and Display Adapters under Device Manager, couldn't detect it too.
    I tried using Speccy, it showed this: 'Generic Non-PnP Monitor on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'
    Help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

random8019, Oct 28, 2015

2. Code 43

and that means the graphic card works so I don't know what's wrong

ArvidFagerblom, Oct 28, 2015
  3. alek09 Win User
    Edges of display are off screen after windows 10 update

I had this same problem while using a TV as a monitor and an AMD graphics card. I was able to fix the issue by changing the HDMI scaling property in the display menu of my graphics card's software. I don't know about your setup, but that's what worked for
    me.

Cheers

alek09, Oct 28, 2015
  4. I don't know what's my graphic card name

TairikuOkami, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Thanks for replying

So it appears that my card is: GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a
    I looked it up NVIDIA site and it seems there is no version for this driver for windows 10, what do I do in that case?

Thanks

random8019, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Download the latest version for your GPU and try to install it, even if 10 will protest.
    I use a driver for 8.1, since 10 does not support my GPU either and it works just fine.

Probably this one, if you have 64-bit: Drivers | GeForce

7. I found a newer one man:
    Drivers | GeForce
    And there's no windows 10 support on it, but there's 8.1 there.
    I also figured out there's something called 'compatibility mode'. How do I use the compatibility mode to install it on windows 10?
    Thanks alot

random8019, Oct 28, 2015
  8. I don't know what's my graphic card name

Install it using device manager, choose your GPU, Select:
    Driver - Update Driver - Browse my computer for driver
    (Find the folder, where your setup got unpacked)
    Select Let me pick from a list - Find yours - Next.

9. Thanks a lot! If there will be any issue I'll open another thread. For now it works.
    Thank you for your reply

random8019, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I don't know what's my graphic card name

1. I don't know what's my graphic card name - Similar Threads - don't what's graphic

2. My network card disconnects all my components. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network card disconnects all my components. I don't know what to do anymore: Hey guys! I have a problem that is ruining my day so I was hoping you could help me.I left my brother alone with my computer for 2 days and when I returned I realized that connecting the network card to the USB 3.0 ports on the back of the PC stops my other components from...
  3. My network card disconnects all my components. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network card disconnects all my components. I don't know what to do anymore: Hey guys! I have a problem that is ruining my day so I was hoping you could help me.I left my brother alone with my computer for 2 days and when I returned I realized that connecting the network card to the USB 3.0 ports on the back of the PC stops my other components from...
  4. My network card disconnects all my components. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  6. Is there a graphics card in my laptop and I don't know it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a graphics card in my laptop and I don't know it?: Hello, I have a Lenovo 730-15IKB laptop, its a 2 in 1 and I have it for about a year now. I was doing research upon it on the official lenovo website and some other sites and I noticed that in the spec section I always see a GTX 1050 as one of the specs, the GPU I have and...
  7. How can update my graphic card driver if I don't know what is the model or even the brand...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can update my graphic card driver if I don't know what is the model or even the brand...: Basically I have and old pc model with Windows 10 in a class room, and I don't know what is my card, so, how can update my graphic card driver if I don't know what is the model or even the brand of the card....
  8. I don't know what's happened to my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't know what's happened to my system: For the last few days everytime I boot my PC this message pops saying that my "Onedrive is not signed in" and when I try to sign back in, a onedrive window pops but appears totally blankwhite and then stops responding..... I try going to Settings menu to find that windows is...
  9. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  10. Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name the Icon I don't know what it is but its in imageres.dll: What do these icons signify? John [img] [img] *Sad*Tongue*cry 137244