Windows 10: I don't know which option to use when installing Windows 10 from a USB

Discus and support I don't know which option to use when installing Windows 10 from a USB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO 500gb, if that's important) and I want to install Windows 10 to said SSD for faster boot/shutdown times. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MikeyBot3000, Dec 25, 2020.

1. I don't know which option to use when installing Windows 10 from a USB

I recently got a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO 500gb, if that's important) and I want to install Windows 10 to said SSD for faster boot/shutdown times. The issue I have is when I go into the "Select boot device" section of the BIOS thing after inserting the Windows 10 Installation USB drive, two options appear, along with all of the other drives I have: "UEFI: KDI-MSFTWindows 10 PMAP, Partition 1" and "KDI-MSFTWindows 10 PMAP." Which one should I select?

submitted by /u/MikeyBot3000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MikeyBot3000, Dec 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 25, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

I don't know which option to use when installing Windows 10 from a USB

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

I don't know which option to use when installing Windows 10 from a USB

1. I don't know which option to use when installing Windows 10 from a USB - Similar Threads - don't option installing

2. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ram in use but I don't know why: my ram is in use but I don't know where https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-in-use-but-i-dont-know-why/01f7a4b1-227e-4cd0-bb0e-43f4a1d2e4c7
  3. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ram in use but I don't know why: my ram is in use but I don't know where https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-in-use-but-i-dont-know-why/01f7a4b1-227e-4cd0-bb0e-43f4a1d2e4c7
  4. ram in use but I don't know why

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When building Macrium Bootable Option for Windows 10 on laptop which option should I use RE...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When building Macrium Bootable Option for Windows 10 on laptop which option should I use RE...: When building Macrium Bootable Option for Windows 10 (adds bootable option to Windows boot process) on laptop which option should I use RE or PE10? Does the same hold true if I create a bootable USB with Macrium (use same environment)? Laptop is Windows 10, Lenovo 15, Ryzen...
  6. I don't know which driver to choose

I don't know which driver to choose: I have an asus vivobook s15 laptop and and I have done a clean install of windows 10 on it. The problem is when I go to the asus website to download the drivers, I can see that those proposed on it seems to be older version than the drivers windows update installed already....
  7. Search is not working after I don't know which update

Search is not working after I don't know which update: As the title says, tapping on the search bar next to the start menu does nothing, i tried restarting and everything, still is not working submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93 [link] [comments]...
  8. I using Windows 8.1, but I like to install the windows 10.I don't know what is the...

I using Windows 8.1, but I like to install the windows 10.I don't know what is the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/szabolcs-gyenes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqo8qr/i_using_windows_81_but_i_like_to_install_the/
  9. I don't know which Microsoft account I used when I redeemed my free minecraft windows 10...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I don't know which Microsoft account I used when I redeemed my free minecraft windows 10...: I redeemed it but i forgot the account in which i put it on. Is there a way to back trace the code and find out which account i put it on....
  10. Don't know which Windows 7 Product Key has been used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't know which Windows 7 Product Key has been used: I am planning a clean install on a new SSD. I've read that I have until December 31 to do the upgrade. I have used the media creation tool to create a disk. My problem is that I have a half-dozen windows 7 Home Premium boxes and don't know which ones have been used and...