Windows 10: I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work

Discus and support I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 educational license. I dont get the spotlight option on lock screen settings but on the top of the look screen settings i get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexandruTiberiu, Jul 16, 2021.

1. I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work

I have windows 10 educational license. I dont get the spotlight option on lock screen settings but on the top of the look screen settings i get this notification " Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I dont know if this problem is related with my windows 10 educational license.

:)

AlexandruTiberiu, Jul 16, 2021

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 16, 2021
  4. I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work

Windows Spotlight- pressed "like" instead of "dont like"

Hi Villar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

• Do you wants to change the lock screen picture?
    • Are you making these changes in the Microsoft account?

I suggest you install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You can turn off the Windows Spotlight feature and then turning it back on and check

Step 1: Right-click on the desktop and then click Personalize to open Personalization category of Settings.

Step 2: Click Lock screen

Step 3: Under Background section, select Picture or slideshow option from the drop-down box.

Step 4: Press windows key + Lock.

Step 5: login back again and follow the same steps from 1 to 3 and change back to Windows spotlight and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work

1. I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work - Similar Threads - dont why spotlight

2. my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.: can somebody explain why my U key works as a enter? i cant write u key normally and when im writing something and im press u,then the message sends and i dont know what is the issue....
  3. my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my U key works as a enter and i dont know why.: can somebody explain why my U key works as a enter? i cant write u key normally and when im writing something and im press u,then the message sends and i dont know what is the issue....
  4. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?: My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work....
  5. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?: My D\ drive no longer works and it has everything on my pc. The drive has a blue ? over it and every time I try to access it says its unavailable and to make sure the drive is connected. I really have no clue what to do i have watch multiple videos none seemed to work....
  6. My D\ drive is not working and i dont know why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I dont know why but..

I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  8. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I dont know why but..: My pc has alot of problems BSoD, the bios wont boot, apps wont load. And then when I wait another day it works properly, no problem. Then another day passes it started facing problem again then another day passes its working fine. It just repeate and repeats...
  9. I dont know why but..

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.: So my settings instant closes, my windows update will malfunction then revert back to normal, my mic and camera doesn't work because privacy settings randomly changed and I can't access it because my settings is not working, I also don't want to factory reset my pc because I...