Windows 10: I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64

Discus and support I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1st of all, I'm duel booting with Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro, both x64 bit... I hadn't fired up Win 10 for a long time, when I got the bug to at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonaldPeterson, Mar 7, 2019.

1. I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64

1st of all, I'm duel booting with Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro, both x64 bit...

I hadn't fired up Win 10 for a long time, when I got the bug to at least keep it up dated, even though I never use it... Win 7 is default OS for WMC...

So yesterday, 3/5/2019 I fired it up to updated it, it didn't seem to be doing anything oblivious, so I looked at the history and asked for help, it said to "press update now", as I've set everything to NOT auto update ever...

After watching it flash by me trying to download several updates at once, it finally said " there were updates pending" to restart, so I did that... After waiting at the shutdown screen for a good 10 mins, I figured it had hung, so I pressed the reset button...

Then when it restarted, everything went crazy, file checking all the drives until it came back to the OS screen to select OS, I chose Win 10 again and it started, I went to update and it says: " initializing update" then stops at 80% for the "feature update 1809"... I used edge to see what 1809 was and it seems to be a 4gb update, so I then went to file explorer to see if all my drives were there and it seems to have a double of each drive letter and it's totally foreign to the old file explorer, so I'm just looking at all the entries, and I click on one to see if the drive comes up... The busy cursor comes on and on and on, so I use task manager to stop the task, then file explorer is "not responding" and won't shut down, so I wait, and I wait...

Finally pressing reset, and going through check disk again, and again, it reset itself a couple of time before finishing all the drive volumes and I went back to Win 7...

I have drive letters: C: H: (for 2ea SSD RAID0 with 2 volumes), Win 7 & Win 10, and letters D: E: (2ea 3 TB RAID0 for 2 volumes), F: for a drive pool and G: as the DVD...

There's more to this story, but won't go into it, needless to say I fired up Win 10 after researching update 1809, with flash drive in hand to manually update the installation, but now I'm getting an error code 0xc000000f and Win 10 won't start, it reset itself and it won't start and it went through check disk again a couple of times before booting Win 7...

So, what gives with this POS? Have I lost the installation of Win 10, need to clean install it? I've prepared a stick drive with Win 10 Oct 2018 version and I still have my old stick drive I used in the initial install, which stick will get me going again?

I understand that the OS install code is one time use, is this correct?

:)

RonaldPeterson, Mar 7, 2019
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Blueboy3 Win User
    My pc don t install file msi after upgrade to win 10 from win 7

can you help me because in my computer i have win 10 and the file msi don t run

Blueboy3, Mar 7, 2019
  4. I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64

1. I don't know "why" I'm messing with Win 10 Pro x64 - Similar Threads - don't why I'm

2. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  3. BOSD and I don't know why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BOSD and I don't know why: Good morning, afternoon, night, whatever the time is for anyone!I've been having this issue with my computer where, whenever I'm playing specific games such as valorant I just crash from the game with no error and/or blue screen. I've tried most of the options I could think...
  4. BSOD don't know why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD don't know why: I,v had a few Blue screens of death lately . The first one happened when i tried to move a video screen ( I was watching a video ) . I thought that may have caused it because i did'nt move the screen properly . I tried to update window's earlier today , that was on ages and...
  5. Bluescreen, and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluescreen, and i don't know why: Hello, I'm reaching out to know what was the cause of my Bluescreen, i don't really know where i can find the right answers, i Copy / Paste to you the Log report. (Btw i'm french so the log will be in french, sorry) -------------------------------------------------------...
  6. Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...: I need to get into safe mode WITH Network Support. Load up, enter password NOT the PIN, PASSWORD... not accepted. Restart to normal. Make new account with Admin Privileges. Log into that account. Restart to Safe Mode with Network Support. Enter password... no ball. Restart...
  7. I LIKE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 PRO AND WINDOWS SERVER, I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ASKING THIS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I LIKE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 PRO AND WINDOWS SERVER, I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ASKING THIS...: Split from this thread. I LIKE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 PRO AND WINDOWS SERVER, I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ASKING THIS CORRECTLY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-like-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-and-windows/ac123de9-9c80-4d59-acb6-8fbbba48eafc
  8. I don't know whether i'm getting hacked or i'm glitched

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I don't know whether i'm getting hacked or i'm glitched: So I loaded up my pc and when I pressed the space bar to initiate the sign-in screen I was greeted with a message saying "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." and I thought I just knocked my keyboard accidentally before my pc...
  9. Computer Confusion - I don't know what I did - will not boot Win 10 Pro

Computer Confusion - I don't know what I did - will not boot Win 10 Pro: I need a little help. ASUS Laptop X541N Windows 10 Pro Yesterday I got a little upgrade from my service provider so I was configuring the router and setting up the home devices. This morning when I went to get on my computer, it booted fine but 5 minutes later, it...
  10. What a mess upgrade to win 10 pro

What a mess upgrade to win 10 pro: I have three machines 2 with win 7 pro and one with win 8.1 pro, the 2 win pro have tried to upgrade to win 10 pro today ( I live in Europe) the HP DESKTOP HPE 1075 UK has tried to upgrade and has failed with the following error Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Installation...