Windows 10: I don't like the new windows update

Discus and support I don't like the new windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like changing things a lot, including icons on my desktop. I changed icons like User Folder, Network, and PC. once this update came out... you cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by L_splatoon, Feb 24, 2021.

1. I don't like the new windows update

I like changing things a lot, including icons on my desktop. I changed icons like User Folder, Network, and PC. once this update came out... you cant even change the icons anymore! including it goes to settings not a window that pops up!

And that's why I don't like this update.

:)

L_splatoon, Feb 24, 2021
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Feb 24, 2021
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 24, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

I don't like the new windows update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I don't like the new windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

I don't like the new windows update

1. I don't like the new windows update - Similar Threads - don't update

2. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  3. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  4. it just says retry on the update I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it just says retry on the update I don't know what to do: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  5. it just says retry on the update I don't know what to do

it just says retry on the update I don't know what to do: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  6. it just says retry on the update I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open: Dear Microsoft team,I have several problems that seem to be related to having restored my system to a time before the last Windows 11 update. Actually, it began with my new bluetooth earbuds not working properly with my Lenovo laptop while they work perfectly with my phone. I...
  8. Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open

Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open: Dear Microsoft team,I have several problems that seem to be related to having restored my system to a time before the last Windows 11 update. Actually, it began with my new bluetooth earbuds not working properly with my Lenovo laptop while they work perfectly with my phone. I...
  9. Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.: After Windows 11, version 23H2 update, task bar stopped working. Tried on different local accounts and the same. Restarted windows explorer without luck. Checked my account permissions and they say part of Administrator group....
  10. Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.

Don't work TaskBar after Windows 11, version 23H2 update.: After Windows 11, version 23H2 update, task bar stopped working. Tried on different local accounts and the same. Restarted windows explorer without luck. Checked my account permissions and they say part of Administrator group....