Windows 10: I dont like the windows start icon to be blue

Discus and support I dont like the windows start icon to be blue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; is there a way to change the color of the start icon in windows 11?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gar Field, May 15, 2022.

1. Gar Field Win User

I dont like the windows start icon to be blue

is there a way to change the color of the start icon in windows 11?

:)

Gar Field, May 15, 2022

2. Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.

Same comment here. I also have an expanded list of all "apps" in my start list. Someone suggested Classic Shell. I tried it for a while but would rather just clean up the Start provided with Windows. If there's a way to get rid of the expanded Apps list, I'd like to try it.

pokeefe0001, May 15, 2022
  3. remoat Win User
    Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.

i installed the windows 10 1607 (fix); i dont like it.. i dont like it because it made a mess of whats under the "start" button.. it now lists all user programs, and i really dont need to see this list unless i WANT TO, unless i click on an icon or link that shows me the list.. i dont want to see a long list of ANYTHING unless i actively seek it.. this list of user programs on a list which appears each time i use the "start" button is cluttering up the start area and is distracting to my efforts to find what im looking for.. i know i can "suppress" the list, but only at this occasion; the next time i press start, it happens again; i dont want it to happen again..

so, how did this happen? did m'soft compile a "focus group" to see what features want? did the participants REALLY say, "oh, yes, we want to see a list of programs on the pc because we dont want to have to click on a link or icon to see it".. REALLY? that lazy? and what if m'soft had put in an option about "do not show me this again"? i see this option many times in situations from many s'ware products and websites: they make you aware of a situation, but, if it doesnt interest you, you click on the option "do not show me this again".. i can see the list of s'ware if i want to.. give me an option to show the list at my request, but DONT SHOW ME THE LIST WITHOUT MY ASKING FOR IT.. if i need to see the list of s'ware, ill manage, but dont push things into my sight unless i request it thru a link or whatever.. this isnt the way to IMPROVE m'soft products; its just another way to aggravate users into posting on forums.. i dont consider this an IMPROVEMENT, more like a DEPROVEMENT..

the display of s'ware on my pc under the start button without my asking is an imposition on the focus of my attention.. my mind is focused on other issues; i dont need m'soft to "crowd" the area under the "start" button with stuff i dont want to see.. if i want to see it, i will ask for it, but dont push it on me this way..

remoat, May 15, 2022
  4. Michael Win User

Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

I dont like the windows start icon to be blue [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, May 15, 2022
Thema:

1. I dont like the windows start icon to be blue - Similar Threads - dont start icon

2. I dont have chat icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have chat icon: i Dont have the chat icon on the taskbar or settings and im a insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-chat-icon/b03422ac-bc7b-4f74-8469-5dae8d3e3b66
  3. I dont have chat icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have chat icon: i Dont have the chat icon on the taskbar or settings and im a insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-chat-icon/b03422ac-bc7b-4f74-8469-5dae8d3e3b66
  4. I dont like the windows start icon to be blue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont like the windows start icon to be blue: is there a way to change the color of the start icon in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-like-the-windows-start-icon-to-be-blue/72ba3e11-163c-4a48-a9b6-2f40fe277672
  5. Guys whenever i like dont scroll the text on windows becomes like this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys whenever i like dont scroll the text on windows becomes like this: [ATTACH] it isnt only on the browser and my windows version is 10 pro 1909 im on a hp elitebook 840 g1 windows info https://preview.redd.it/wq2tkwynicr61.png?width=305&format=png&auto=webp&s=212a0b02f17150b02024e12af8477a7a522bcdc0...
  6. i dont have blue tooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i dont have blue tooth: i dont have blue tooth on my new desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-blue-tooth/5b3dc49c-fb55-4da8-b5a5-88c9f2cb11a2
  7. How do I get blue background in the start icons and start windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get blue background in the start icons and start windows?: [ATTACH] Till Windows 10 1904 (I think) all the apps had a very nice light blue colour, and helped me organize my start windows by colour. Now everything looks gray and I can't find any option in the color or theme settings. Any of you managed to do it? Old New (to fix)...
  8. i like to start cortana

in Cortana
    i like to start cortana: how can i start Cortana! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-like-to-start-cortana/647e80b9-8f40-4b4e-b4ac-ff96abf5248b"
  9. I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions.

in Windows 10 Support
    I dont like the Microsoft Terms and conditions.: so im one of those guys that reads the fine print on things and i do not like Microsoft's terms and conditions for windows/insider program lets looks at some key points. Personal Data We Collect Name and contact data. We collect your first and last name, email...
  10. Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.: i installed the windows 10 1607 (fix); i dont like it.. i dont like it because it made a mess of whats under the "start" button.. it now lists all user programs, and i really dont need to see this list unless i WANT TO, unless i click on an icon or link that shows me the...