Windows 10: I don't really know stuff about monitors I need help my brother's monitor keeps going black...

Discus and support I don't really know stuff about monitors I need help my brother's monitor keeps going black... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday idk maybe 2 days ago i was trying to adjust the brightness i tried everything I searched everything my brother's windows might be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/autisticgokusan, Jan 27, 2020.

1. I don't really know stuff about monitors I need help my brother's monitor keeps going black...

So yesterday idk maybe 2 days ago i was trying to adjust the brightness i tried everything I searched everything my brother's windows might be the latest version idk I can find the option to adjust the brightness so I see this option (HDR) I have no idea what that means i am not very sure if it's safe to turn on and theres this other option night light I turned them both at once I keep turning hdr on and off for a couple of times played a game it's was fine i had like 3 hours of use of the computer I had to go to school my brother continued to use the computer and suddenly now I turned everything on checked the cables if there were lose it was fine had to even count to 15 seconds on every button I have to turn on so the pc has the time to process everything I don't know about the fans and stuff and I see the monitor going black randomly I need to fix this now or else I will get my ass whooped by my brother [my brother has a gaming crap btw] it's mixing a few parts he's planning to upgrade more parts my brother uses the computer 13 - 16 hours daily it might cause some over heating. Once the computer was going black randomly i searched some stuff agian how to fix this problem I currently have I reset the pc 2 times it's still like this I gave it time to cool it wasn't even warm or hot it might be something about the off and on Hdr while I am typing these my brother's monitor still going black randomly I can't get any help from my family they don't anything about computers. I have watched a couple of videos in youtube Google isn't giving me information there's many ways to fix it but I am not sure if it will work it may make the monitor go worse (sorry i have horrible English) I can't trust youtube and Google the information they have given me might not work it might just make the computer worse I am willing to restart the pc agian. the monitor just turned off by it self it said (no connection/signal) the monitor is N vision please I need a way to fix this my brother has spender a lot of money on his dream gaming set up I have broken a lot of devices I don't want to break my brother's monitor or else my brother has to spend money agian on a new monitor and tell me to not use computer ever agian this has happened to me a coupe of times like the computer something's shuts off but itself i don't actually know the cause of it but he's just mad at me starts punching me i am still a young person and I don't want my family to get at me for doing this type of stuff once this type of situations happens to me I sometimes only use the computer cause every single damn time my brother's tells me you did this not me why you telling me I died this my brother is very addicted to games so the pc might over heat my brother set up is very messy so some cables might be lose I noticed the pc has beeps it's like a code every time I open the pc it's different it's like a sign of something is not working properly not sure if Google is saying the truth but I am still not sure

submitted by /u/autisticgokusan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/autisticgokusan, Jan 27, 2020

2. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 27, 2020
  4. I don't really know stuff about monitors I need help my brother's monitor keeps going black...

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

I don't really know stuff about monitors I need help my brother's monitor keeps going black...

1. I don't really know stuff about monitors I need help my brother's monitor keeps going black... - Similar Threads - don't really stuff

2. my monitors keep going black, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my monitors keep going black, help!: Hi, I've been having this issue for around a week kinda out of the blue and I feel like ive tried everything to try and fix it. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some help.I keep having the issue of my monitors losing input, just going black, while in games as well...
  3. my monitors keep going black, help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my monitors keep going black, help!: Hi, I've been having this issue for around a week kinda out of the blue and I feel like ive tried everything to try and fix it. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some help.I keep having the issue of my monitors losing input, just going black, while in games as well...
  4. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  5. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  6. HDMI Monitor keeps going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor keeps going black: My monitor is going black but it's not my computer giving a black screen, my second monitor is working and I can clearly see my computer is fine. My monitor is also indicating that it has power and it is not going to sleep, the light that displays when the monitor is actively...
  7. I don't really know what to say... Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't really know what to say... Help!: It's not often I'm forced to conclude the problem I'm facing is to big for me to overcome by myself. But this is one of those times. My computer is showing a billion errors and symptoms, and no matter what i do i can't fix it. Can't even get some system diagnostic to say the...
  8. I need help with my monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my monitor.: My laptop monitor isnt responsing for me changing its brightness, and does anyone know how to attach my nvidia graphics card to my monitor so i dont get an error when opening the nvidia control panel? Send help!! submitted by /u/Aperturr [link] [comments]...
  9. I need Help With My monitor resolution!

I need Help With My monitor resolution!: I have a Gtx 1650 super with a core i3 4160 and 16 gb ram. I had a 144hz monitor that was 1080 by 1920 that worked fine! then I recently plugged in a second one thats 60 hz and also 1080 by 1920. and the Active signal resolution was 1024 by 786 and it was BLURRY. I have...
  10. My monitor keeps going dark for about a second

My monitor keeps going dark for about a second: My monitor has been turning going dark for a second or two and it happens multiple times a day, sometimes I'll happen multiple times with only a few minutes in between, and some times it'll be hours in between. It never lasts for much longer than a second or two, and it...