Windows 10: I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password

Discus and support I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I boot my computer I don't have a password, I simply click "sign in" to start windows. Suddenly, it now tells me "The password is incorrect. Try... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nineteen84, Sep 11, 2020.

1. I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password

When I boot my computer I don't have a password, I simply click "sign in" to start windows.

Suddenly, it now tells me "The password is incorrect. Try again" when I try to sign in.

Considering there's no password, it's not as if I changed it and forgot, or typed it wrong, there isn't even a box to enter a password in or a reset password link. It's always just been the sign in button.

I've tried both online and offline, the issue persists.

:)

nineteen84, Sep 11, 2020
  2. zentrobi Win User

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for around 10-15sec and then say " incorrect password" and now we are stuck at this not knowing what todo. we've tryed to boot it into safe mode, but that requires a password today, the recovery, go back to previus state, opening cmd, basicly every option requires a login(wich again is not possibel) so anyone who have any suggestions?

zentrobi, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 11, 2020
  4. jeffMNMN Win User

I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password

1. I don't require a password to login but Windows 10 is saying incorrect password - Similar Threads - don't require password

2. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  3. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect: My login keeps on saying password incorrect while that is my corrected password **** I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-it-keeps-on-saying-password-incorrect/be230791-1099-4c78-851a-c6924b5a29cc
  4. I can’t login it keeps on saying password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.: Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login. This is my office login, it works on another computer with same login. Tried many times, can't use safe mode, bit locker is asking for recovery key, which i don't have. No other option change change login/pwd...
  6. Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login.: Having problem with Windows login, says incorrect password/login. This is my office login, it works on another computer with same login. Tried many times, can't use safe mode, bit locker is asking for recovery key, which i don't have. No other option change change login/pwd...
  7. Windows Login Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Login Incorrect Password: Weirdest thing happened to me this morning. Woke up and found that I'm unable to login to my laptop even with the correct password. All the other login options also disappeared (fingerprint & PIN). Fortunately I was able to change my password using another admin account in...
  8. I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.: After sudden performance issues I restarted my pc and it showed the Blue Screen and after it got fixed I was asked to sign into my Microsoft account not in the normal screen but in a different UI. When I entered my password it says it is incorrect though it is correct Pls...
  9. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  10. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password": hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for...