Windows 10: I don't see Libraries in File Explorer

Discus and support I don't see Libraries in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a local computer shop upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. They did a clean OS install but preserved my user data. Actually, they backed up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perkinw, May 25, 2019.

1. perkinw Win User

I don't see Libraries in File Explorer

I had a local computer shop upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. They did a clean OS install but preserved my user data. Actually, they backed up my user data and then then restored to a new (larger) internal hard drive.

Today, I noticed that File explorer does not have an entry for Libraries. Instead, Documents, Pictures, etc., are shown at the top level, directly below This PC:

I don't see Libraries in File Explorer [​IMG]

Documents -> Properties
    Type = System Folder
    Location = D:\Users\John\Documents.
    Does that make it a Library?

In any case, why is Libraries not shown?

:)

perkinw, May 25, 2019

2. File Explorer Libraries resetting on Wondows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that help.

Method 1: Restore Default Libraries.

Let’s first check if this happens only when you navigate through the Library directory. If yes, then this might be due to the corrupted or damaged library files or settings. So, let’s, first delete the Library folders from
    the windows explorer and then we can restore the default libraries and check if that works. You may follow these steps:

• Open the “File Explorer” from the desktop interface by clicking on its icon on the taskbar.
    • Right click on the Library items and click on “Delete”.
    Note: Deleting a library does not delete the contents of the included folders. However, you may need to re-add or include your folders manually, if needed.

3. Right click on the Library icon in the Navigation pane of the window.

4. Click on “Restore default libraries”.

5. This recreates the library that you just deleted.

6. Now try to attach/upload the files from the Library directories and check if the issue still persists.

If the issue persists, then let’s run an
    SFC Scan to check if this is caused by any corrupted or damaged protected system files.

Method 2: SFC Scan

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

• At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press

• sfc /scannow
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the scan.

Important: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2019
  3. Libraries?? What's the difference between Windows Media Player Libraries and File Explorer Libraries?

Hi Community,

I am trying to find out

1: how to use Windows 10 File Explorer libraries?

2: what libraries are for?

3: how Windows 10 File Explorer libraries are different or similar to Windows Media Player libraries?

4: Where does Windows Media Player get its media database from?

I see Libraries listed in File Explorer and the subfolders Music, Pictures, Videos.

I have found out how to add folders to them. (by right clicking the folder I want to add and clicking 'include in library', then choose the appropriate library for the file type).

When I open Windows Media Player, I can choose Music, Pictures or Video from the list on the left of the player. However, the files in Windows Media Player Video Library are not the same ones as the files I've added to the File Explorer Video Library.

Any helpful advice appreciated.

EvelynMorton, May 25, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Hide libraries in File Explorer in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you installed all pending updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

This issue might occur if there are pending Windows updates. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Click on Start button and open File explorer.
    • Click on View and click on Options
    • On General tab click on Restore defaults and Click
      Apply and Ok.
    • Close File explorer and reopen and try to hide Library check if that helps.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. I don't see Libraries in File Explorer - Similar Threads - don't Libraries File

2. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer runtime library error: The fileWhen I open file explorer from the taskbar like one or two times, this message appears and after I click on it the program restarts.It also appears after I rightclick on a file on the app.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. File explorer runtime library error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer runtime library error: The fileWhen I open file explorer from the taskbar like one or two times, this message appears and after I click on it the program restarts.It also appears after I rightclick on a file on the app.*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer: I'm on Windows 11 Beta Build 22621.290 with the new File Explorer tabs and when I booted up my computer and opened file explorer it had looked like this instead of how it's SUPPOSED to look on the right. I cannot find anything online about this and it's bugging me since I...
  5. "Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer

"Libraries" not showing in "This PC" in File Explorer: I'm on Windows 11 Beta Build 22621.290 with the new File Explorer tabs and when I booted up my computer and opened file explorer it had looked like this instead of how it's SUPPOSED to look on the right. I cannot find anything online about this and it's bugging me since I...
  6. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  7. REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER: Could someone please tell me how to edit the appearance of my file explorer to only show what I want it to show in the Navigation Pane? [ATTACH] I want to remove the Music / Video / Pictures / 3D Objects so that it quits cluttering up my view. I DO NOT want to have to use...
  8. Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries don't appear in the left segment of the explorer: I've added folders to my libraries (like music, pictures etc.) but in the explorer they don't appear there, on the left. Instead I (gather that) I see folders with the same names as the libraries (which is quite confusing)... For example, in the "music" library I have...
  9. wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library: Upgraded from 64-bit Win 7 pro to Win 10 v1607 build 14393.693. .wma files associated with windows media player 11 (32 bit?). Files show in Windows Explorer under users\[username]\Music. User has full rights to folder and subs In Windows Explorer, doubleclicking file...
  10. File Explorer Library Simbolic Links

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Library Simbolic Links: Because my C:\ main disk is a limited SSD (120 Gb), I use a secondary, larger HDD to store all other files. I changed the Target Location of the main links (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos) in File Explorer to the secondary HDD to avoid writing to the main SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont see libraries in windows explorer

2. why dont I see windows librariues