Windows 10: I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

Discus and support I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Quynh Hoa Trinh, Mar 17, 2024.

1. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which is another admin account that I hardly ever use, only once or twice since I bought this laptop so my documents, data, etc. are all in the MS account, I accidentally clicked the "Forget your password" button, and somehow the computer removed my MS profile from the log in screen after flashing some type of message it was

:)

Quynh Hoa Trinh, Mar 17, 2024

2. Going to local login broke ability login without password prompt

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

1) Have you set up same password for both Microsoft account and local account?

You can sign in either with Microsoft account or local account. I suggest you to change the password for both the accounts and check if it helps.

1) Open settings and click on accounts.

2) Click on Your email and accounts.

3) Now in the right pane click on Manage my Microsoft account. It will redirect to your Microsoft account page.

4) here click on change password and try to sign in again.

You can also change password by clicking on Sign-in options in the left pane and choose change password in the right pane.

If the issue still persists, you can follow the below steps.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Password forgotten - stuck on login screen

Hi Linda,

Issue reported: You are required to sign-in to your Windows 10 PC provided the main account is locked out due to forgotten Password/Pin.

Scope: Although! there is no way to hack into an admin account, which is locked out by a Password or a Pin. However, you must have a Microsoft account associated with a machine. If you do, we can try performing below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

The first thing we should check before performing troubleshooting steps, as how many users are assigned to that machine, if you have another user account which can be used to perform command prompt tasks, try to log-in using that user account or if no choice, use a guest account.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Try to log-in using another admin account or use a guest user account.
    • Type ‘cmd’ in the search box and perform a right click on it and then left click on ‘run as administrator’.
    • It may ask you to sign-in using your Microsoft account (your email address and a password associated with your Microsoft account).
    • Once the ‘cmd’ box is opened then type “net user administrator /active:yes” then hit ‘enter’.
    • Restart your machine
    • Login using ‘Administrator’ account in Windows 10. It takes no password, would let you in, without a password.
    • Type ‘Control Panel’ in the search box and then click on User Accounts.
    • Right click on the User Account in question, which is locked out and then click on ‘remove password’.
    • If the remove password option doesn’t work, try to upload a similar image/picture in reference to that user account.
    • If you successfully remove a password associated with that User Account, then sign-off.
    • Restart your machine and try to login using the same User Account in question.
    NOTE: The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are suggested as a general suggestion, not a solution. Whether you are able to recover your account then, your problem is solved. If you would not be able to recover the locked account, then you may have to reinstate Windows 10 in your machine using your Microsoft Account.

Should you have any question or a doubt performing above mentioned troubleshooting steps, you may respond to this threat or post a counter question.

Regards,

Chetan Kochhar, Mar 17, 2024
  4. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

1. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"... - Similar Threads - don't administration login

2. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  3. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  4. I don't login a ms account and I forget my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't login a ms account and I forget my password: I don't have a DVD rom and I do not login my Microsoft account,how can I use my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-login-a-ms-account-and-i-forget-my-password/ddea2c26-27d4-46d4-a516-1683c584bf46
  5. I don't login a ms account and I forget my password

I don't login a ms account and I forget my password: I don't have a DVD rom and I do not login my Microsoft account,how can I use my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-login-a-ms-account-and-i-forget-my-password/ddea2c26-27d4-46d4-a516-1683c584bf46
  6. I don't login a ms account and I forget my password

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Forgot your password or don't see your account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot your password or don't see your account: Forgot your password or don't see your account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-your-password-or-dont-see-your-account/f2523617-c0bd-4d88-b41f-9b3d6baef54a
  8. Forgot your password or don't see your account? This list only shows administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot your password or don't see your account? This list only shows administrator...: hello please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-your-password-or-dont-see-your-account-this/8b499201-37ec-4b93-88cf-937c5319537d
  9. Forgot your password or don't see your account? This list only shows administrator...

Forgot your password or don't see your account? This list only shows administrator...: hello please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-your-password-or-dont-see-your-account-this/8b499201-37ec-4b93-88cf-937c5319537d
  10. Forgot your password or don't see your account? This list only shows administrator...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security