Windows 10: I dont see other computers in Windows 10 latest upgrade

Discus and support I dont see other computers in Windows 10 latest upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i don't see other computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryPavlik, Jul 23, 2018.

1. I dont see other computers in Windows 10 latest upgrade

i don't see other computers

:)

HenryPavlik, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I dont see other computers in Windows 10 latest upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

I dont see other computers in Windows 10 latest upgrade

1. I dont see other computers in Windows 10 latest upgrade - Similar Threads - dont computers latest

2. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  3. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  4. i dont see the notebook?

in Cortana
    i dont see the notebook?: So this Image of the notebook icon in start menu look like this to me [ATTACH] Where is the notebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-see-the-notebook/7e00b7fc-be01-4651-9d02-ef3bbeb7156e
  5. Windows 10 Not Seeing Other Computers on Private Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Not Seeing Other Computers on Private Network: I have a friend who has a laptop and a PC, both running Win10. I recently upgraded them to build 2004. Neither can see the other on the private network anymore. Network Discovery is turn on for both for private networks. I compared a lot of the network settings against my...
  6. Windows 10 does not see other network computers

Windows 10 does not see other network computers: There are 5 computers on this network, 4 running Windows 10 and 1 running Windows 7. The primary Windows 10 computer does not see anything on the network. All the other computers see all the network devices, including this primary computer. All settings in Network and...
  7. Not seeing other computers in network

Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...
  8. Since upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809, I no longer see other computers on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809, I no longer see other computers on...: I noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 1809, computers I previously could access on my home network are no longer showing up....
  9. Windows 10 can’t see other computers on network

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 can’t see other computers on network: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer has been included and shipped with every generation of the Windows Operating System and has gone through a lot of changes. The File Explorer that comes in with Windows 10 is not just to browse the [...] This post Windows 10 can’t see other...
  10. Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803

Computers can't see each other after upgrade to 1803: I've never used Homegroup but my two boxes always saw each other and shared files just fine. I have some networked TV tuners and 2 NAS's and they are seen with no problem but the two computers don't share at all. I've tried sharing only certain folders or files with no luck....