Windows 10: I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data"

Discus and support I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to join Windows Insider, but it said I need to set diagnostic data settings and I don't see it anywhere. I saw a post that said I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jakmanda05, Sep 6, 2020.

1. I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data"

I wanted to join Windows Insider, but it said I need to set diagnostic data settings and I don't see it anywhere. I saw a post that said I should change "AllowTelemetry" setting in Registry Editor to 3 and startup service called "Connected User Experiences and Telemetry", but neither worked.

Here is a screenshot of the part of the settings where it should be.

I saw a lot of posts that said ShutUp10 app would disable it. (I did use that app, but I reversed setting that seemed relevant to this topic.)

submitted by /u/jakmanda05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jakmanda05, Sep 6, 2020

2. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Sep 6, 2020
  4. piersv Win User

I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data"

Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect.

I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks!

piersv, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data"

1. I don't see the option to change "diagnostic and usage data" - Similar Threads - don't option change

2. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data

Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data: Pls help i am not able to click on optional diagnostic data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-graying-of-optional-diagnostic-data/0de6793b-f305-4375-9a34-89dfdc2538d3
  4. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.: Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me in enabling the option for selection.Thanks & Regards!...
  5. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  6. Problems changing the diagnostic data option

Problems changing the diagnostic data option: I'm interested in trialing the Windows 11 build however to do that I need to turn on "Optional diagnostic data". When I turn this on and go to any other part of settings or close settings it disables this and goes back to the "Required diagnostic data" option. I've looked to...
  7. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data: Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone...
  8. No "Data Usage" option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No "Data Usage" option: i just noticed that "Data usage" is missing from network & internet settings and i believe it is the reason why i can't set Wi-Fi networks as metered. any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-data-usage-option/5953274e-40a0-4e81-b8cf-8bf7cb8511dd
  9. Diagnostic Data Collection Options Cannot Be Changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Diagnostic Data Collection Options Cannot Be Changed: I was attempting to change the diagnostic data collection from Optional to Required. Every time I selected the Required option and exited that settings page, when I re-entered the Diagnostic Data Collection Settings page, Optional would be selected rather than Required....
  10. Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Diagnostic and Usage Data Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Diagnostic Data Settings in Windows 10 As you use Windows, we collect diagnostic information, and to make sure we're listening to you, our customer, we've also built ways for you to send us feedback...