Windows 10: I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR

Discus and support I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi everyone, I got a 4k HDR TV for nearly one year and since I tried to watch HDR movies (my TV is connected via HDMI to my PC), I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlexM71100, Feb 26, 2021.

1. I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR

I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR gqSksiy_0UfEaVEk7Ay4YbntJ4SKH9T45TIjG1A3-78.jpg

Hi everyone,
    I got a 4k HDR TV for nearly one year and since I tried to watch HDR movies (my TV is connected via HDMI to my PC), I didn't saw any difference compared to SDR. So I started to look at display settings, and I saw the color deepness was "fake 8-bits gradient" and I really don't understand what does it means.
    My TV is a 4K HDR (HLG and HDR10) TV, I believe my HDMI cable is a 2.0, since it handle 4k@60FPS

The Color Deepness circled in red

If someone knows what I should do, please tell me I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR :)
    Also tell me if you need any more information.

submitted by /u/AlexM71100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlexM71100, Feb 26, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

That was suggested in post number 3 I thought?

R-T-B, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Quotes from this
    article
    :

To enjoy HDR video, you need the right content, hardware and software.

To get HDR, go to Settings > System > Display, and turn on “HDR and WCG.”

This
    article
    gives you a list of requirements.

Smittychat., Feb 26, 2021
  4. Valeriu Win User

I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR [​IMG]

Valeriu, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR

1. I don't uderstand how Windows 10 handle HDR - Similar Threads - don't uderstand handle

2. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  3. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  4. How To Enable HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Enable HDR Windows 10: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and we use it to add a dramatic upgrade in picture quality, video, brightness, and color contrast compared to SDR, and some also know it as Standard Dynamic Range. For More Information -...
  5. How to enable Auto HDR in Window 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Auto HDR in Window 10: [ATTACH]HDR or High Dynamic Range allows one to experience an increased range of color and luminance (the intensity of light emitted from a surface per unit area), which is especially useful when it comes to gaming and watching movies. Many games and movies support it, but...
  6. HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  7. Windows 10 Handles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Handles: So i was just checking in Task manager and saw that my cpu handles were like close to 100k on avg. My Specs - Core i5 10400 GTX 1660S 8GB RAM 128GB Samsung SSD 350W PSU Are my Handles Normal or are they too high? [ATTACH]...
  8. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  9. How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10: [ATTACH] HDR or High Dynamic Range is a technique used to create lifelike videos which have better dynamic range, especially when it comes to details. Windows 10 supports streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video, if the display supports it, and comes with the [...] This post...
  10. windows 10 and HDR

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 and HDR: i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr...