Windows 10: I don't understand how to view my product key

Discus and support I don't understand how to view my product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got windows 10 professional, I need to format my computer, I don't have my installation disk/box anymore, it was destroyed in a flood a couple years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThiagoZocoli, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I don't understand how to view my product key

I got windows 10 professional, I need to format my computer, I don't have my installation disk/box anymore, it was destroyed in a flood a couple years ago.

I don't understand how to view the product key, the help article in the microsoft support website is ridiculous, it limits to 'look at the product box', quite literally : "The product key is on a label or card inside the box that Windows came in. For more info, contact the retailer that sold you Windows 10."

I don't have said box anymore, how do I find my product key

:)

ThiagoZocoli, Jun 29, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Jun 29, 2020
  3. tengeezer Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Cheers, will check it out.

tengeezer, Jun 29, 2020
  4. I don't understand how to view my product key

i lost my product key

Hi Bhargav,

There are some ways on how to get your product key. Usually, it will depend on how you get the copy of Windows. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    find your Windows product key. Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the
    steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to get your
    Windows product key.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

I don't understand how to view my product key

1. I don't understand how to view my product key - Similar Threads - don't understand view

2. I don't have a product key of my laptop how can I get the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a product key of my laptop how can I get the product key: How can I solve a problem of my laptop I don't have a product key to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-of-my-laptop-how-can-i/12b87f20-7dfc-4384-b71c-c66e00d74b14
  3. I don't have a product key of my laptop how can I get the product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have a product key of my laptop how can I get the product key: How can I solve a problem of my laptop I don't have a product key to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-product-key-of-my-laptop-how-can-i/12b87f20-7dfc-4384-b71c-c66e00d74b14
  4. Message I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message I Don't Understand: I recently began getting this message, it pops up every few minutes. I already tried updating to windows 11 to see if that resolved it, but it didn't. Any idea as to how I can get this to stop showing up?? If it's any help, though I doubt it's related, I downloaded the...
  5. I don't understand this . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't understand this . . .: Lately I've been having trouble, staying on the internet?When I turn it on, from being completely off.It says no internet. I have a Wi-Fi code, to get online.So I go look, for available Networks. Then I'm connected.My computer's a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.I had my...
  6. I don't know my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know my product key: Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my PC and part of my upgrades includes getting a new motherboard. I heard that to get Windows 10 back after changing motherboards I need my Windows 10 product key but I don't have the packaging that the disc that I got Windows 10 from, came in....
  7. I don't understand this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't understand this . . .: This a little, off subject. I do get to this Forum, on a computer, running Windows 10 That, should count, I guess? I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I live near Kansas City. I watched Superbowl 54, live. The link below, will show you almost the whole game. But, the strangest...
  8. Viewing my products / keys?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Viewing my products / keys?: I have 5 different PC's, all with either purchased Home / Pro versions of Win10, or, Upgraded from 7/8 Home / Pro versions of Win10. I only recently discovered that the keys are now being linked to accounts vs having to enter in a product key upon a new installation. How...
  9. I don't rememmber my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't rememmber my product key: when I buy this pc it comes with windows 8.1 and after update from windows it is now windows 10. but i'm purchasing this pc online but is has not come any product key and not any product key email...
  10. I don't have a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a product key.: There's this annoying watermark that says Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate windows. I checked it out and it seems I need a product key which I don't have. I tried trouble shooting but it said it can't activate copy of windows, try again after connecting to the...