Windows 10: I don't understand the necessity of this pop-up.

Discus and support I don't understand the necessity of this pop-up. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently, I have been getting these pop-ups for cookies: [img] Even if I click on "Got it!" - the pop up still returns when I revisit the site. How... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EyeInTheSky, Sep 7, 2018.

1. EyeInTheSky Win User

I don't understand the necessity of this pop-up.

Recently, I have been getting these pop-ups for cookies:

I don't understand the necessity of this pop-up. [​IMG]

Even if I click on "Got it!" - the pop up still returns when I revisit the site. How many times do I have to accept a cookie agreement?

For sake of argument, these are my settings in "Clear Browsing Data" -

This is my setting in "Advanced Settings" in Edge:

So based on all those settings, why am I getting harassed about cookies on various sites?

Is there some other way, such as site permissions, that can make these pop-ups go bye-bye that I'm missing?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

:)

EyeInTheSky, Sep 7, 2018
  2. reddwarf4ever Win User

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Sep 7, 2018
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Sep 7, 2018
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. I don't understand the necessity of this pop-up. - Similar Threads - don't understand necessity

2. pop ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop ups: Howto stop all the pop ups when on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/pop-ups/a38e76cf-9e35-4950-b446-6535a51ea907
  3. Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop Up: Well don't do a format an recovery I did it today an cleared every thing off my computer, an guess what when I went to a webpage ImgSync Image8pubmatic.com had poped up wanting to know I wanted to open or save a sit so that will not work an I have...
  4. Pop-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pop-up: Every so often I get a pop-up message from Security and Maintenance asking me to: Reselect your File History Drive. It then comes up with (supposedly) a list of drives for me to select one, but this area is blank. What should I do?...
  5. Don't understand why this happens......

in Browsers and Email
    Don't understand why this happens......: Win 10 Home ver 1803 Build 17134.81 Default browser is IE11. No 3rd party browser installed. Home page is google.ca Situation : I have IE11 shortcut on my desktop. Each time I click it open, I get 2 google tabs. Why is that ? This situation happens only on opening...
  6. Says my windows licence will expire.....I don't understand why?!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Says my windows licence will expire.....I don't understand why?!!: Hi, so i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 home, over a year ago. (full retail windows 7, NOT OEM installed) a few months ago i upgraded my system, new motherboard, so decided to do a clean install of windows 10 - made the bootable USB tool via Microsoft site for...
  7. pop ups

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pop ups: Hello I have Win 10 Pro with pop up blocker enabled but am continuously getting pop ups as I surf. I have MBAM and its Anti - Exploit which finds nothing. Do you have a tip to reduce these annoyances? Thank you 21440
  8. I just don't understand lots of things and have couple of questions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just don't understand lots of things and have couple of questions.: I have Laptop from 2010 which came with Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). It was OEM version. I bought a key and once upgraded to Windows 8 Pro before. (It was not OEM anymore after upgrade) But when I heard Windows 10 is going to be released and all free to upgrade from...
  9. pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    pop up: Excuse me if I am on the wrong section but I keep getting a pop-up and have no idea what to do. Please help! An error has occurred in the script on this page line: 158 char: 17 error: unable to get property "Location" of undefined or null reference code: 0 URL:...
  10. I don't understand Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't understand Windows 10: MS says Win 10 is the last version of Windows. I don't understand all these different versions, Creators, Anniversary, Fast track, Insider Preview. I'm thinking of just dumping Windows and switch to a lite version of Linux like Zorin or Xubuntu. I just need an OS that runs...