Windows 10: I don't understand Windows 10

Discus and support I don't understand Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; MS says Win 10 is the last version of Windows. I don't understand all these different versions, Creators, Anniversary, Fast track, Insider Preview. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jacatone, Jul 21, 2017.

1. jacatone Win User

I don't understand Windows 10

MS says Win 10 is the last version of Windows. I don't understand all these different versions, Creators, Anniversary, Fast track, Insider Preview. I'm thinking of just dumping Windows and switch to a lite version of Linux like Zorin or Xubuntu. I just need an OS that runs some appz and runs the web.

:)

jacatone, Jul 21, 2017

2. I don't understand

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your game not to work properly.
    We need to gather more information about the issue by answering the following questions below:

1. Have you done any changes on your system?

2. Can you provide us with a screenshotof the error message?

3. Have you done other troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?

Jomari Arc, Jul 21, 2017
  3. I don't understand

My Phone service is designed to backup the contents from the mobile devices, as well as providing a web portal for you to manage the contents. It's not mean to back up the contents from your PC. Also, you can also choose to sync your mobile to your PC, instead
    of using MyPhone, but to do that, you need the physical access to your PC. While using the MyPhone service, you can do the sync anytime anywhere. Thanks!

Lizhong - MSFT, Jul 21, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

Windows 10 is supposed to be the last major release. Instead, MS is moving to a more rapid deployment of smaller updates. These updates have codenames like Anniversary Update and Creators update. Its the same way that Apple has Maverics, Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra. Same way Android has kitkat, lollipop, marshmallow. Fast track is just more bleeding edge (like fedora Linux), and insider preview is like apples beta releases.

What apps do you need Linux to run? You do lnow, Windows apps don't run natively on Linux...right?

pparks1, Jul 21, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    Ditto. I have Linux Mint on a Desktop and a Notebook, run the things I need on them. If concerned about an office suite, the versions of Linux I've tested and/or installed came with LibreOffice which does everything Microsoft Office will except does not have anything comparable with Outlook. LO can open many file formats, best one to date for my older clients is ability to open Works files.

Berton, Jul 21, 2017
  6. jacatone Win User
    Well, now I understand what all these names mean. In Linux I'd need a simple video cutter and joiner, video converter, video to DVD converter, an mp3 joiner. I know Firefox and Chrome run on Linux already.

jacatone, Jul 21, 2017
  7. Considering your needs, you should do that. Windows will never be as light as those linux distros.

TairikuOkami, Jul 21, 2017
  8. Champ Win User

Just stay on Windows 10 then.

Champ, Jul 21, 2017
  9. I'm confused....are you now running Windows 10, or are you shopping for a version to install?
    If you already have Win-10, whatever version, and it's activated and runs OK, don't worry about the rest. OK?

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 21, 2017
  10. My read on this is its the last name change. There won't be a Windows 11, or 12 etc. Windows 10 forever. Only the build number changes. This has advantages. Once your install of Windows 10 is activated, it stays activated for each new build. No having to pony up dollars to upgrade to the next new release. Like you had to do to go from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Or Vista to 7 etc. Honestly though, I kind of think there will be at least one more name change. I think the 10 will be dropped at some point.

alphanumeric, Jul 21, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    MS says Win 10 is the last version of Windows

That goes along with their concept of "Windows as a Service". Doesn't mean 10 is it, and the whole thing drops dead after awhile. Just that they will continue to call it Windows 10, and issue "Editions". Like Anniversary, Creators, etc. It's a Marketing thing, nothing else. Like Chevrolet will always be the name, but new models, bells&whistles, all that.

f14tomcat, Jul 21, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    If you have a hard time with Windows, I do not suggest going to Linux. Sooner or later you'l have you deal with the command line and its a lot harder than DOS. If you ever need help from a forum, chances are they'l use the command line because it's easier and quicker for them to deal with you.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I don't understand Windows 10 - Similar Threads - don't understand

2. Help! I don't understand why I can't access my local sql server MSSQLLocalDB through visual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I don't understand why I can't access my local sql server MSSQLLocalDB through visual...: I'm in college trying to take an introductory database course, and in order to do that, I have to connect to a local sql server. I went to tools--> SQL Server--> and --> New Query in Visual Studio 2022 to create a new SQL Query, but was met with this error whenever I tried...
  3. Help! I don't understand why I can't access my local sql server MSSQLLocalDB through visual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I don't understand why I can't access my local sql server MSSQLLocalDB through visual...: I'm in college trying to take an introductory database course, and in order to do that, I have to connect to a local sql server. I went to tools--> SQL Server--> and --> New Query in Visual Studio 2022 to create a new SQL Query, but was met with this error whenever I tried...
  4. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  5. My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand

My 'local admin' userid does not have administrative rights on my laptop - I don't understand: I set up a local administrator on my laptop lenovo yoga slim 6, Windows 11 Home v 22H2 following the instructions given in Windows help - create normal user without ID account, then change this normal user to admin. I ran "manage-bde -status" in the command prompt to get the...
  6. Hello, I'm scratching my head, I don't understand why this error, please take a look

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I'm scratching my head, I don't understand why this error, please take a look: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CFchkjeWGN16F6tL70sGYzPwi8NHAw41?usp=sharingHello, who understands and who is not difficult, please look at what is the problem of this blue screen, I will be very grateful...
  7. Hello, I'm scratching my head, I don't understand why this error, please take a look

Hello, I'm scratching my head, I don't understand why this error, please take a look: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CFchkjeWGN16F6tL70sGYzPwi8NHAw41?usp=sharingHello, who understands and who is not difficult, please look at what is the problem of this blue screen, I will be very grateful...
  8. Getting a lot of BSOD but don't understand the minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a lot of BSOD but don't understand the minidump: Getting a lot of BSOD especially when opening/running projects in software development software such as IntelliJ and Unity. I think it is a hardware issue? But I'm having trouble pinpointing to which one.Here is my...
  9. Getting a lot of BSOD but don't understand the minidump

Getting a lot of BSOD but don't understand the minidump: Getting a lot of BSOD especially when opening/running projects in software development software such as IntelliJ and Unity. I think it is a hardware issue? But I'm having trouble pinpointing to which one.Here is my...
  10. Hey, I'm a 78 year old and don't understand all your tech help. Search does not stay open....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, I'm a 78 year old and don't understand all your tech help. Search does not stay open....: 11, 365. When I click on SEARCH, it stays up for 1-2 seconds then disappears. I don't understand your automted answers. I am not that computer savvy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i do not understand windows 10