Windows 10: I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

Discus and support I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've spent 3 hours trying to make this laptop useable for people in my business. I've gone through the annoying steps of removing family members and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikeblake1, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

I've spent 3 hours trying to make this laptop useable for people in my business. I've gone through the annoying steps of removing family members and all that GARBAGE. Now I'm trying to switch to a local account under settings like the tutorials say to do and that option is not available under my settings>accounts. I am taking this computer back to where I purchased it and demanding a refund since IT IS UNUSEABLE TO ME IN ITS CURRENT STATE tomorrow morning if I don't get help by then.

I bought a computer, not a license to sell my info or be policed

:)

mikeblake1, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

Microsoft Family Features issues...

Hello
    MaverickRobot4670,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

1. I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business - Similar Threads - don't Microsoft Family

2. Microsoft saying i have "Family features" How the hell do i have family features when i...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft saying i have "Family features" How the hell do i have family features when i...: Alright so, I just finished installing Halo MCC after 3 hours of waiting. I clicked play and microsoft blocks me from playing it and says "You need to ask an adult for permission" I was like the hell and launched it again and same thing. No family features on my pc...
  3. Microsoft Family Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family Feature: Microsoft Family Features is disabled however it is saying that chrome is restricted by Microsoft Family Features. I've turned it on and off but it doesn't work. I can only use chrome if I add 3 hours to my usage time....
  4. Microsoft Family Features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features: I’ve has my laptop for a number of years. When I first got it, my father had put it on the family microsoft group, just so that he could see and manage my applications and screen time. Well, fast forward, and my dad has passed away, leading me to live with my mom. Now, my dad...
  5. I really don't want my computer to update again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I really don't want my computer to update again: Hello, I'm here with yet another problem with Windows update. I've had problems with "How to update Windows 1803 to 1903?" as you can see in my profile, it has been answered but it just made further problems for me. My computer is a low-end laptop and actually can't handle...
  6. Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.: I just bought an app in the web browser version of the Microsoft Store, but the Microsoft Store app says I don't own it. I received an email confirming that my purchase went through, but the store app does not seem to realize that. I have already tried resetting the store...
  7. I don't want Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want Skype for Business: Since my Windows 10 desktop computer is a home computer, I do I uninstall Skype for Business? I uninstalled the regular Skype software shortly after I started using my new HP Desktop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Office was not included with Windows 10, so I...
  8. onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive. don't want it but i want my desktop back...: Got a new pc and one drive immediately started throwing my files there and filled itself up and started asking me if I wanted to buy more. NO! Thought I stopped this thing from syncing and deleted the app. By my digital audio workstation seems to have defaulted to storing...
  9. don't want no more on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    don't want no more on my computer: why does a unknown publisher is not honest with there self doing things with people PC gathering information from there own computers >that it not a good call can I block them....
  10. Microsoft Family Features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features.: it's simple. all I want to know is how to uninstall Microsoft Family Features because it is blocking me from using Google Chrome. it shouldn't be connected to Google Chrome so I don't know what to do....