Windows 10: I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

Discus and support I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've spent 3 hours trying to make this laptop useable for people in my business. I've gone through the annoying steps of removing family members and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikeblake1, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

I've spent 3 hours trying to make this laptop useable for people in my business. I've gone through the annoying steps of removing family members and all that GARBAGE. Now I'm trying to switch to a local account under settings like the tutorials say to do and that option is not available under my settings>accounts. I am taking this computer back to where I purchased it and demanding a refund since IT IS UNUSEABLE TO ME IN ITS CURRENT STATE tomorrow morning if I don't get help by then.

I bought a computer, not a license to sell my info or be policed

:)

mikeblake1, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Microsoft family features icon on taskbar

Hi,

Microsoft Family Safety is a free parental monitoring app to help make it easier to keep your kids safe online. With Family Safety, you can give them some independence but still keep tabs on their computer activities. Family Safety allows you to:

• See which websites your kids have visited, and which apps and games they’ve used
    • Block or allow websites, apps, games, or other content.
    • Limit the amount of time they can spend on the PC

Since you never set up Microsoft family features on your computer, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

link
    to turn off the family settings in Windows 10.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

Microsoft Family Features issues...

Hello
    MaverickRobot4670,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business

1. I don't want Microsoft Family features on a computer I bought for my business - Similar Threads - don't Microsoft Family

2. I am not a business my computer is Microsoft 10. I DO NOT WANT CO-PIOLOT.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not a business my computer is Microsoft 10. I DO NOT WANT CO-PIOLOT.: I have no use for CO-PILOT. I did not have a choice you just installed it...GET IT OUT OF MY COMPUTER!!!I am also a VERY senior citizen. I do not use my computer enough to require this ridiculous programing....
  3. I am not a business my computer is Microsoft 10. I DO NOT WANT CO-PIOLOT.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not a business my computer is Microsoft 10. I DO NOT WANT CO-PIOLOT.: I have no use for CO-PILOT. I did not have a choice you just installed it...GET IT OUT OF MY COMPUTER!!!I am also a VERY senior citizen. I do not use my computer enough to require this ridiculous programing....
  4. I am not a business my computer is Microsoft 10. I DO NOT WANT CO-PIOLOT.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I want an individual microsoft not family

I want an individual microsoft not family: can someone help me I dont want the family account , i dont have a family and its too much for me to spend a month is there another individual or student account i could purchase...
  6. I want an individual microsoft not family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want an individual microsoft not family: can someone help me I dont want the family account , i dont have a family and its too much for me to spend a month is there another individual or student account i could purchase...
  7. Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...

Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...: I purchased Minecraft Windows version while signed into the Microsoft store with a different email, the one I wanted it attached to. However, my computer was logged into this email account where I already own Minecraft Java version. Somehow, with all the redirects while...
  8. Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought minecraft on the wrong account, and I don't want a refund, I just want it on the...: I purchased Minecraft Windows version while signed into the Microsoft store with a different email, the one I wanted it attached to. However, my computer was logged into this email account where I already own Minecraft Java version. Somehow, with all the redirects while...
  9. I Bypassed Microsoft Family Features >:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Bypassed Microsoft Family Features >:: Microsoft You Need To Stop Being Lazy And Actually Make Family Features Good... OR DONT I DONT CARE THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO BREAK YOUR CRAPPY APP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bypassed-microsoft-family-features/c42895fc-0e12-4b40-9d73-aa4764c7ff01
  10. I don't want Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want Skype for Business: Since my Windows 10 desktop computer is a home computer, I do I uninstall Skype for Business? I uninstalled the regular Skype software shortly after I started using my new HP Desktop that came with Windows 10 pre-installed. Office was not included with Windows 10, so I...