Windows 10: I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone

Discus and support I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I have my microphone turned off, the camera app complains. I get a popup every time I open the app, every time I start a video recording and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kris.7, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Kris.7 Win User

I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone

If I have my microphone turned off, the camera app complains. I get a popup every time I open the app, every time I start a video recording and even every time I delete a video. I turned off the mic in the Camera app's settings, but it still complains.

How do I get the Camera app to stop looking for a microphone?

:)

Kris.7, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 7, 2020
  3. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Hi Orangeshearts,

I would like to verify some information regarding the problem with your camera and microphone. Allow me to ask the following:

• Was your camera and microphone working before?
    • Aside from updating the drivers, what other updates or changes were performed prior to the problem?
    • Are you currently logged in as the administrator?
    • Have you set which apps can access and use your camera and microphone?

If you haven't set any apps to use your camera and microphone, then follow these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
    • Make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware is toggled ON.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, toggle on the apps you want to give access to.
    • Do the same for the microphone. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

If the issue persists, then please run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Click Troubleshooting > View all.
    • Search for and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please share the results on this thread for further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 7, 2020
  4. I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone

window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

There's a possibility that another device driver is in conflict with the one that has been updated. I suggest rolling back the driver for your camera and microphone. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Navigate to and expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click your camera and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, then select the Roll Back Driver option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Click OK when finished.

Please do the same for the microphone and update this thread with the results.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone

1. I don't want the Camera app to look for a microphone - Similar Threads - don't Camera app

2. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  3. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random apps don't want to open: Hello! I recently factory reset my PC and I've noticed an issue. I can not open some of my apps. At first I couldn't open the settings app, but after a restart, I can't open Opera GX. I've tried restarting, but it still won't open. Any fixes?...
  4. Random apps don't want to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I don't want it...

I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  6. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  7. Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.: When I try to update one of the apps in Microsoft Store I regularly use in my laptop, MS somehow automatically gets other stuff that I never use! to update first. Like instead of updating the app I want, it pushes Cortana or Snip & Sketch or other apps to download their...
  8. Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.: When I try to update one of the apps in Microsoft Store I regularly use in my laptop, MS somehow automatically gets other stuff that I never use! to update first. Like instead of updating the app I want, it pushes Cortana or Snip & Sketch or other apps to download their...
  9. Windows Apps don't recognize microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Apps don't recognize microphone: I have a condenser mic running through a mixer M-Audio air 1926, connecting to Windows 10 via USB. There is NOTHING WRONG with the hardware, configuration, or drivers. For example, certain apps like Ableton or Pro Tools find the microphone and it works just fine. However,...
  10. specific app access to camera and microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    specific app access to camera and microphone: Hello, I am trying to allow access to my camera and microphone to my school's testing website. I have already clicked "On" under allow apps access. However, I do not see this particular app listed. How do I know if tis app has access?...