Windows 10: I don't want to close all tabs

Discus and support I don't want to close all tabs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Until yesterday, if through no fault of my own, there was more than one tab, I was warned if I clicked on the red X in the upper right corner. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KramdenAntiVirus, Jun 22, 2020.

1. I don't want to close all tabs

Until yesterday, if through no fault of my own, there was more than one tab, I was warned if I clicked on the red X in the upper right corner.

I said I didn't want the latest version of Edge because I didn't know how many settings were the way I like them and wouldn't be if I upgraded.

Nevertheless, I turned on my computer one day after I had been told to restart because of updates. I was told "Welcome to the new Microsoft Edge" and told I could go on a tour. I didn't have time. All I know is now I will start discovering things that are wrong, one at a time.

:)

KramdenAntiVirus, Jun 22, 2020

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Closing current tab vs closing all tabs

Hi,

You will have to change the way you close tabs and windows.

The X in the upper right has always been a "Close this window" button.

If you want to close a tab, use the X on that Tab or middle-click the Tab.

Clicking the "Close this window" X then choosing to close only one tab is a

workaround that many users have become accustomed to, but it's a still a

workaround.

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 22, 2020
  4. I don't want to close all tabs

closing current tab

Hi,

Internet Options> (General tab) Tabs> check "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" That should bring the warning back.

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

I don't want to close all tabs

1. I don't want to close all tabs - Similar Threads - don't close tabs

2. I got weird tab on my PC and I don't how to close it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got weird tab on my PC and I don't how to close it.: [ATTACH] So, I just replace my motherboard recently and noticed a "broken" tab called MainWindow. I can't find anything on on task manager to kill it permanently. I can close it but always reappear after the system restart. Can anyone help me with this?...
  3. enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enabling command prompt of closing all tabs or current tabs: In Internet Explorer it allows you to access your setting to allow it to prompt you when closing out, if you want to close all tabs or current tab. how do you enable that in Microsoft edge?...
  4. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  5. "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? "

"Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? ": loading new edge has lost the "Do you want to close all tabs or the current tab? " box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-want-to-close-all-tabs-or-the-current-tab/1b31eb7f-452a-4cc9-834a-353e03671280
  6. I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :(

I JUST want to "close the current tab" NOT all...no option? Could in Windows 8... :(: All I want to know is: How do I JUST close the current tab, NOT all. I use Google.com in Windows 10. We were able to do this in Windows 8. I read a response from Microsoft where the rep said they have NO capability to do this. Why not go back to 8 and do 10 the same way?...
  7. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  9. Always close all tabs not working

in Browsers and Email
    Always close all tabs not working: I use Edge normally and really get annoyed when I close it with the top right hand X and "always close all tabs" comes up. I tick the box every time and close the browser, but get asked the same question every time. When I close with the top right hand X, I expect the damn...
  10. "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?

in Browsers and Email
    "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?: I have tried what I could find on the web to set up 10 to close just the one tab I'm in. I'm at a loss , is there a way with multiple tabs open to close just one. In 7 it was easy, why eliminate the easy way in 10? Is there a way to do it, it's important. Otherwise all tabs...