Windows 10: I don't want to reinstall Win 10

Discus and support I don't want to reinstall Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sooo... I recently purchased a new motherboard for my PC and, as you guessed, I want to replace the old one with the new one on my PC. I've never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CastoNova, Jan 31, 2019.

1. CastoNova Win User

I don't want to reinstall Win 10

Sooo... I recently purchased a new motherboard for my PC and, as you guessed, I want to replace the old one with the new one on my PC.

I've never really done this kind of thing before but I heard that replacing motherboard requires Windows reinstallation.

Considering how much of pain in the ass it is, I searched for a way to replace a motherboard without reinstalling Windows. The answers were different: some said something about editing the register, some were saying to just go ahead and replace motherboard and not to worry about ****.

Motherboard I'm replacing is the old Gigabyte H55M-S2. I'm replacing it with the new Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P.
    Basically moving from Intel to AMD.

I have Windows 10.

So... Any way to do all of this without all this digging in register and stuff? If it's absolutely necessary to do it then just say so. Also wouldn't mind a guide on all this reg editing if it is necessary after all, but if you don't want to waste your time then it's fine.

(English isn't my native language so please forgive me for any mistakes I may have done)

Thanks in advance.

:)

CastoNova, Jan 31, 2019
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Blueboy3 Win User
    My pc don t install file msi after upgrade to win 10 from win 7

can you help me because in my computer i have win 10 and the file msi don t run

Blueboy3, Jan 31, 2019
  4. I don't want to reinstall Win 10

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

I don't want to reinstall Win 10

1. I don't want to reinstall Win 10 - Similar Threads - don't reinstall

2. Hi, I reinstalled windows and now I don't have the same amount of storage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I reinstalled windows and now I don't have the same amount of storage.: Hi, I ran into a problem with my laptop, this made me have to reinstall windows, however, after the installation, I do not have the same amount of storage on my drive than I used to have I used to have 500+gb, now I have 76gb. Can you please help me? I have a HP Pavilion...
  3. Hi, I reinstalled windows and now I don't have the same amount of storage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I reinstalled windows and now I don't have the same amount of storage.: Hi, I ran into a problem with my laptop, this made me have to reinstall windows, however, after the installation, I do not have the same amount of storage on my drive than I used to have I used to have 500+gb, now I have 76gb. Can you please help me? I have a HP Pavilion...
  4. After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.: I have reinstalled Windows using 10 Home Edition by moving it from a 120GB SSD to a 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD. This is because the 120GB kept getting so full that it was causing Windows to crash a lot, and I found it a pain to manage the files every few days to keep Windows from...
  5. After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.

After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.: I have reinstalled Windows using 10 Home Edition by moving it from a 120GB SSD to a 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD. This is because the 120GB kept getting so full that it was causing Windows to crash a lot, and I found it a pain to manage the files every few days to keep Windows from...
  6. After reinstalling Windows, I now don't have permissions for my own files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. What to do when local and cloud reinstall don't work in the boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when local and cloud reinstall don't work in the boot.: I reset my computer and first chose to reinstall windows using the local method. When I did this I got the error OOBEEULA. When I searched this online I found that I had to get to the windows recovery environment there I chose to reinstall windows using the cloud. This also...
  8. What to do when local and cloud reinstall don't work in the boot.

What to do when local and cloud reinstall don't work in the boot.: I reset my computer and first chose to reinstall windows using the local method. When I did this I got the error OOBEEULA. When I searched this online I found that I had to get to the windows recovery environment there I chose to reinstall windows using the cloud. This also...
  9. What to do when local and cloud reinstall don't work in the boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. I upgraded to Windows 10. Computer was hacked. Able to reinstall Windows 8.1 but don't have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded to Windows 10. Computer was hacked. Able to reinstall Windows 8.1 but don't have...: I upgraded to Windows 10. Computer was hacked. Able to reinstall Windows 8.1 but don't have the original product key to reinstall Windows 10. Can I upgrade directly to Windows 11?...