Windows 10: I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?

Discus and support I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder that I want to keep ON my computer and I don't want to sync or be uploaded to onedrive. How do I make this happen? I selected "always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Betla, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Betla Win User

I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to?

I have a folder that I want to keep ON my computer and I don't want to sync or be uploaded to onedrive. How do I make this happen?

I selected "always keep on my device" but I went to the onedrive and all the files are sync.

I don't want them on the cloud.

Thanks for your assistance.

Beatriz

:)

Betla, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Mar 3, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Slelective Onedrive syncing

Hi OliverE_921

Right click the OneDrive t the bottom right of your Screen and choose Settings

From Settings you can pick and choose which folders OneDrive will sync

I would suggest setting up a couple of folders either in your Documents Folder or wherever you wish and set OneDrive to just sync those folders, with your important data . ..

DaveM121, Mar 3, 2021
  4. iBug Win User

Prevent OneDrive from re-syncing everything after re-installing Windows 10

The context is almost identical to that of Windows 8.1 move OneDrive to existing folder after OS reinstall, except I'm on Windows 10. I want to stop OneDrive from re-syncing everything after re-installing Windows 10 because the files are BIG and remain intact before and after OS reinstallation. Even the paths remain the same before and after (is still D:\OneDrive on my machine - the D drive is the same volume).

I have searched on Google and found results like this or this, and no definitive answer was found.

Is there a solution for W10?

iBug, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

1. I don't want to sync one folder to onedrive. how to? - Similar Threads - don't sync folder

2. Why does One Drive keep selecting a folder to sync that I don't want to sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does One Drive keep selecting a folder to sync that I don't want to sync: Hello folks,Just recently, OneDrive has been trying to sync my "Pictures" folder with my laptop, it's a huge folder and I only want it on my main PC. Every so often, I notice that OneDrive is syncing a lot of data, when I look at settings and select folders, the "Pictures"...
  3. Why does One Drive keep selecting a folder to sync that I don't want to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does One Drive keep selecting a folder to sync that I don't want to sync: Hello folks,Just recently, OneDrive has been trying to sync my "Pictures" folder with my laptop, it's a huge folder and I only want it on my main PC. Every so often, I notice that OneDrive is syncing a lot of data, when I look at settings and select folders, the "Pictures"...
  4. Why does One Drive keep selecting a folder to sync that I don't want to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  6. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything: I was prompted by Windows: "Let finish setting up your device", and decided to just continue this time instead of pressing "remind me later". I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft email. Previously, they were not synced, as I wanted to keep them separate....
  7. Don't want OneDrive to automatically sync everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I don't want OneDrive Syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want OneDrive Syncing: When I boot my machine which is Intel QuadCore i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32 GB RAM, running MS Windows 10 Home v. 1803, build 17134.228 on an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard with a SAMSUNG SSD main drive. It has RealTek High Definition Audio and a SAMSUNG U28D590D VDU driven by an...
  9. How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent ONE folder from syncing to OneDrive: I have one pretty hefty folder, with a file size of 150GB. I don't want it on my OneDrive because it's so big it prevents anything else from syncing, so I want it to STOP syncing from my PC to the server. All of the guides I found were only how to stop syncing from OneDrive...
  10. I don't ever want Onedrive to sync with my new pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't ever want Onedrive to sync with my new pc.: How do I stop syncing with Onedrive permanently? I backup everything to an external hard drive. I DO NOT want to sync to a cloud service. OneDrive seems to do this automatically on my new pc running Windows 10. I unlinked it previously. Today, it's linked up and trying to...