Windows 10: I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10

Discus and support I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two storage devices installed on my new computer, one SATA hard drive and one m.2 storage device. The hard drive is 8 TB and is stuck on Storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PELLEminator, Oct 6, 2020.

1. I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10

I have two storage devices installed on my new computer, one SATA hard drive and one m.2 storage device. The hard drive is 8 TB and is stuck on Storage Spaces, though i don't want to use it as a "Backup drive", but as one i can just install games on and such. But the problem is that i have files that are installed on it, and those are preventing me from removing it from Storage Spaces. is there any way i can have those files just be on my m.2 storage device? If so, how do i see what the files actually are?

:)

PELLEminator, Oct 6, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, Oct 6, 2020
  3. kaxelina Win User
    Why don´t I get Spaces on my N82

My husband and I bouth same mobile with one week apart. He got spaces in Share online but I don´t. We have updated the latest software.

Even the program is updated sevrel times but still I don´t have Spaces on my mobile. I even resert the phone but no luck.

What is the problem?

kaxelina, Oct 6, 2020
  4. I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10

I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10

1. I don't want to use Storage Spaces for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - don't Storage Spaces

2. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  3. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  4. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  5. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  6. Storage Spaces won't use all disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces won't use all disk space: I have allocated 5 drives 3x 4TB HDD, 2x 8TB HDD to my storage space and created a simple pool on it. No redundancy While total disk space is 25.4 TB 3.63*3 + 7.27*2 and I've allocated all of it to my pool my programs fails to write anything more to the pool.It says no space...
  7. I do not want to use Storage Spaces anymore. Is that possible? How to disassemble dismantle...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I do not want to use Storage Spaces anymore. Is that possible? How to disassemble dismantle...: I'm using Microsoft Storage Spaces but I do not want to use it anymore. Is that possible? How I disable Storage Spaces, and keep my data integrity? Take out my data back to a normal stage without a pool! Or eventually, if Microsoft Storage Spaces is a trap and I presume is...
  8. Don't want application using Windows 10 theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't want application using Windows 10 theme: I use dark mode and a dark theme on my laptop. Problem is some apps use these colours when I open them, making them hard to read (I have to hover over each line to read it). Is there a way to force an application to use it's own default ? Example below shows my Wise Disk...
  9. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  10. Error using storage spaces/mirror

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error using storage spaces/mirror: I upgraded from W8.1 to W10. After the upgrade my mirrored volume was 'gone' (created with disk management). Fortunately I was able to restore the data on one of the disks. I cannot manage to recreate a mirror on Windows 10. I tried using disk management as well as...