Windows 10: I don't want version 1607

Discus and support I don't want version 1607 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; @ its not ideal to have re-installations every 6 months, and that cant be considered anything but a band-aid on a bigger issue. You misunderstand my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by abacus, Apr 7, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

I don't want version 1607

You misunderstand my post. I don't re-install every six months. I manually do the next big upgrade with the ISO file. Build 10240 to version 1511, version 1511 to 1607, and now 1607 to version 1703. I prefer to do the upgrade ahead of time before it pushes through Windows Update. I've upgraded 7 computers on my network now, nearly flawlessly. The single issue I have had in the last 2 years is 1 computer that just does not like to run USB attached WiFi network adapters for some reason.

But it's just like anything else in life, some people like certain products and some people have reason to not like certain products. Considering that Windows has to work on billions upon billions of different hardware combinations, I think it's a pretty solid OS. Even the US military is already moving to Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Apr 9, 2017

2. Still its not how its supposed to work and if you follow what Microsoft prescribe via WU you will end up with much broken.

positronic, Apr 9, 2017
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    @positronic

I've been using CENTOS 7 for ages --solid and as stable as a rock - works absolutely fine --using it basically for NAS serving - and Networking works straight OOB.

OK not the most "leading Edge " distro but since it's based on Red Hat enterprise server which zillions of companies worldwide use then I've no complaints.

About the only time I re-boot my NAS boxes is if I'm upgrading hardware or if there's a hardware defect. - Kernel updates are fairly rare and these type of systems always use what's known as "Long Term support". They run 24 / 7 --and I don't have to worry about updates shutting down and re-booting the system --you don't want that if it's acting as a SERVER !!!. A simple YUM update command from a console handles minor updates and I can honestly say that I've rarely had a problem with the OS.

Perhaps Windows could learn a bit from this type of approach -- for people who aren't always upgrading hardware regularly Windows should perhaps provide the equivalent of an "LTS (Long Term support) Version".

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 9, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

They do for enterprise. LTSB

5. Enterprise LTSB is sadly not available to the masses, and even if it was the benefits are purely of not having many stock apps installed, and extra length of support, Still has same bugs unfixed since Windows inception and where it comes to upgrades IMO it suffers the same weaknesses and same issues as any other windows versions I have tried.

You can run but you cant hide *Biggrin

Anywho, Im offtopic for a few posts now, so Ill stop hijacking the thread and apologise to Op.

positronic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I don't want version 1607 - Similar Threads - don't version 1607

2. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  3. I don't want it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want it...: Hello everyone in the community saw this question.This question is about resolution of the Windows Boot ManagerHere the detail:I have been downloaded A Windows Insider Program in ISO file type Namely: Windows 11 23h2 Insider Preview to prepare for an installation of Windows...
  4. want to update window 10 version 1511 to version 1607 in 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want to update window 10 version 1511 to version 1607 in 2021: I want to update window 10 version 1511 to version 1607 in 2021 . I try to update through windows Update option but it need more space in disk .So that i try to download 1607 version but when i start install it but give error that window does not support standalone modeI...
  5. windows 10 version 1607

windows 10 version 1607: My computer has been in storage for awhile, When i got it out and turned it on it started updates automatically. My problem is I am on version 1607 and update is taking it to version 20h2.. The system is locking up and wont upgrade. Is there a need to upgrade in window...
  6. keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates

keep 1607 old version and/or add 1607 ltsb updates: Hello, My laptop is very old, but works great with 1507 ou 1607 version. I tried new versions but it was or slow or impossible to install. So I have to stay with 1607 version. Please, I'm wondering the following : 1) I know 1607 is out of support, anyway I still see on...
  7. Roll back to version 1607

Roll back to version 1607: I have massive stuttering issues in all of my game, I am sure this si due to the windows creators update. I want to roll back to 1607 to check if this will help. Is there any possible way that I can do this? When I go to recovery, I don't see the option....
  8. Windows 10, version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10, version 1607: After this update I have a Windows-Old folder, 17.6 gig. Can this folder be deleted? Happy with update and will not go back to 1511. 64037
  9. stuck on windows version 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck on windows version 1607: Just to start Please speak in lamens terms cuz im not very smart with computers, but im currently stuck on windows version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1480). I'm running win 10 pro. I tried downloading the standalone installers and it just says they are not available for me. Please...
  10. Update to Version 1703 from 1607 wants accelerometerDLL.dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Update to Version 1703 from 1607 wants accelerometerDLL.dll: Windows just updated my HP Laptop to Version 1703 from 1607 and just after the update I got a screen shown in the attachment. The update is says, "The code execution cannot proceed because accelerometerdll.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." Is...