Windows 10: I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly

Discus and support I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't think an online computer repair service was legitimate and I am afraid I've compromised my security. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GaryGilbert3, May 20, 2020.

1. I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly

I don't think an online computer repair service was legitimate and I am afraid I've compromised my security. What do I do?

:)

GaryGilbert3, May 20, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 20, 2020
  3. Computer won't boot properly

Hi Marik,

I suggest you to download and create a bootable media from the Windows 10 ISO using another computer which has Windows 7\8\8.1 and then repair your computer to check if it helps to recover the Operating System.

Download official ISO media for Windows 10 from Microsoft:

Download Windows 10

Insert the disk in your DVD drive and press any key to start loading Windows from the Installation Disk.

Perform the following steps to perform a repair:

• Choose the Language and then proceed to Next.
    • Choose Repair your computer at the Install Now screen.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Startup repair.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 20, 2020
  4. Jakub578 Win User

I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, May 20, 2020
Thema:

I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly

1. I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly - Similar Threads - downloaded computer repair

2. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  3. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  4. Computer isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer isn't working: So last night I was on a call with some friends and while I was doing so, I must've accidentally hit a key or something with my elbow because my computer made a noise and after about 5 minutes shut off. I decided to think nothing of and and went to bed. This morning, I turned...
  5. My computer isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer isn't working: Hi I'm Emma, My computer isn't working, every time I try to power it on it says enters power saving mode and says RGB-PC is not giving any signals. Please does anyone know what's happening or what can I do to work in it as usual? my english may be bad but plz never mind that...
  6. My computer isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer isn't working: Hi I'm Emma, My computer isn't working, every time I try to power it on it says enters power saving mode and says RGB-PC is not giving any signals. Please does anyone know what's happening or what can I do to work in it as usual? my english may be bad but plz never mind that...
  7. My computer isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Computer not working properly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not working properly?: I booted my PC today and it has been charging for 1 hour. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with it? Computer Funktioniert nicht einwandfrei?
  9. Downloading a posible scam computer repair service.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading a posible scam computer repair service.: I may have downloaded a repair service that is not Microsoft approved. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-a-posible-scam-computer-repair-service/d0c2c147-a046-4e66-8718-962c15fb5c5d
  10. I used Disk Cleanup and now my computer isn't working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I used Disk Cleanup and now my computer isn't working properly: I ran out of space on my laptop (Windows 10 at the moment) so decided to delete my unnecessary files/photos/apps. etc but I accidentally clicked Disk Cleanup on Windows which wiped every last thing from my laptop. This is not the worst as I had my most important files on...