Windows 10: I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account

Discus and support I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally bought Cuphead on my daughter's account instead of my own. I got it on my PC Windows 10. I tried to sign into my daughter's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JackeyClara16, Jan 22, 2021.

1. I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account

Hello,

I accidentally bought Cuphead on my daughter's account instead of my own. I got it on my PC Windows 10.

I tried to sign into my daughter's account on the Microsoft Store app but it would not work. It says the account does not exist.

Could I either get a refund and redeem it on my account or get a different code please? Thanks.

:)

JackeyClara16, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Blocking an owned app from our daughter

Thank you for getting back to us Jordan.

We suggest you the following method provided below to block application and games using Family Safety.

Method 1

• Look for the user account of your daughter.
    • Click the following:
      • For Games: Game restriction and click Game list to choose
        Allow, Block or Use game rating.
      • For Application: App restrictions to choose Allow,
        Block or Use game rating.
    Method 2

After blocking Apps/Games on your daughter's account. You need to check that Family Safety is set as On.

• Press Windows key+X and click Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts and select Family Safety.
    • Choose the account of your daughter to enable parental controls.
    • From there you need to check for the following
      • Family Safety - On, enforce current settings
      • Activity Reporting - On, collect information about PC usage.

The image below is only an example that you may see and set up for your daughter's user account.

I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account 4370d1c4-e907-4d5a-b44a-be38270ee1f8.jpg
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 22, 2021
  4. BjörnJR Win User

I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account

moving a game license from my account to my daughters

Hi,

Is it possible to move a microsoft store game from my user account to my daughters? I have just installed a game (sea of thieves PC) and happened to use my own profile while installing it. So now the game is tied to my account instead of my daughters which
    is inconvenient. We belong to the same microsoft family.

Best regards,

Bjorn

BjörnJR, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account

1. I Downloaded A Game On My Daughter's Account - Similar Threads - Downloaded Game Daughter's

2. How can I recover my daughters account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I recover my daughters account?: I am trying to add my daughters account to my family using her phone number. I can successfully send the code notification to her phone however when she is promoted to sign in it says the phone number is associated to a Microsoft account that is not hers. We cannot secure her...
  3. How can I recover my daughters account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover my daughters account?: I am trying to add my daughters account to my family using her phone number. I can successfully send the code notification to her phone however when she is promoted to sign in it says the phone number is associated to a Microsoft account that is not hers. We cannot secure her...
  4. How can I recover my daughters account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I change my daughter's account country?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change my daughter's account country?: Everytime I log to my daughter's account she's 6 years old, I'm asked to confirm that I'm her tutor. As part of the validation process I have to log into my account but at the end of the validation process I get an error message without any details. I'm guessing this error...
  6. How can I change my daughter's account country?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my daughter's account country?: Everytime I log to my daughter's account she's 6 years old, I'm asked to confirm that I'm her tutor. As part of the validation process I have to log into my account but at the end of the validation process I get an error message without any details. I'm guessing this error...
  7. How can I change my daughter's account country?

8. Microsoft Account for my daughter

Microsoft Account for my daughter: I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which i beleive is linked to microsoft but it says its not a microsoft account. i don't want to sign in using my account in case...
  9. A game that I downloaded on my computer is no longer on my account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A game that I downloaded on my computer is no longer on my account.: I tried playing minecraft windows 10 edition, and it said that it was not on my account, even though I've had it since the day it came out. I tried looking in these forums for an explanation, but all of them were with recently bought, payed for games. I was given this game...
  10. moving a game license from my account to my daughters

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    moving a game license from my account to my daughters: Hi, Is it possible to move a microsoft store game from my user account to my daughters? I have just installed a game (sea of thieves PC) and happened to use my own profile while installing it. So now the game is tied to my account instead of my daughters which is...