Windows 10: I downloaded a game on the app. store and need access to the game files - how do I remove...

Discus and support I downloaded a game on the app. store and need access to the game files - how do I remove... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently downloaded 'Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice' through the app. store, as part of my "PC Pass". The game has a driver bug with AMD GPUs, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by somethingsomething123123, Aug 29, 2019.

1. I downloaded a game on the app. store and need access to the game files - how do I remove...

Hi,

I recently downloaded 'Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice' through the app. store, as part of my "PC Pass". The game has a driver bug with AMD GPUs, but there is a solution by adding a certain parameter in the properties of the .exe-file. However, after struggling to actually get permission to view the WindowsApps folder and finally getting into the game folder, most files has a tiny padlock icon on them and I cannot do anything with them.

I tried creating a shortcut for the .exe-file of the game and run it, but it simply says I don't have the appropriate permissions. I don't understand why there has to be such a security struggle, especially for something as simple as a game, an .exe-file.

:)

somethingsomething123123, Aug 29, 2019

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Games?

Hi Trinity,

If a game is not available on Windows 10, this could be due to one of the following reasons:

• Game is not compatible on Windows 10.
    • There's a new version of the game.
    • The game is not available in your region.
    • The game was removed from the marketplace.
    To see if the game is compatible with your device, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to find out if a game will work on Windows 10.

You may try searching for the newer version of the game through the Windows Store or the Microsoft Store website. For your reference regarding the list of games that you may download, check out this

link

If the game is not available on your current region, we suggest that you access this

link
    and follow the steps on how to change your region for Windows Store.

See
    Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?
    for more information.

If the game was removed from Windows 10 and Xbox Marketplace, you may submit a request to add this game using the

Windows 10 Feedback Hub
    . Currently, our developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Windows 10 gaming experience.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional assistance.

Catherine Cus., Aug 29, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

I downloaded a game on the app. store and need access to the game files - how do I remove...

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

Hi Henry,

If you are signed in to your Xbox account when playing the game, your game saves will be stored to the cloud storage. If you're playing the game without signing in your Xbox account, you can reset the game from Settings to remove your game saves. Let's try
    to isolate this issue so that we could find a way for you to remove your game data. Kindly perform the following steps below:

Step 1: Reset the game from Settings.

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the game.
    4. Click the game, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Step 2: Remove Temporary files on your computer.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select
      Storage
    3. Select This PC and click on
      Temporary files
    4. Select Temporary files.
    5. Click Remove files.
    6. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ariel Acu, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

I downloaded a game on the app. store and need access to the game files - how do I remove...

1. I downloaded a game on the app. store and need access to the game files - how do I remove... - Similar Threads - downloaded game app

2. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  3. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  4. How do i remove download for xbox game bar plugin from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove download for xbox game bar plugin from the microsoft store: Hi im Ethan. In my microsoft store under the library section the xbox game bar plugin keeps saying downloading. I am unable to cancel the download and it is disrupting me from downloading other apps as whenever i choose to press the download button it is not working...
  5. How do i remove download for xbox game bar plugin from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove download for xbox game bar plugin from the microsoft store: Hi im Ethan. In my microsoft store under the library section the xbox game bar plugin keeps saying downloading. I am unable to cancel the download and it is disrupting me from downloading other apps as whenever i choose to press the download button it is not working...
  6. No app icon for a game I downloaded from the microsoft store. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No app icon for a game I downloaded from the microsoft store. How do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/stop-the-cap- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mju9tw/no_app_icon_for_a_game_i_downloaded_from_the/
  7. how do I download a digital game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I download a digital game?: I have just paid for a digital download of Age of Empires Definitive Edition Full Game Download and I cannot figure out how to download it. When I tried to input my Key, it stated that I had already used it....... If I have already used the key how do I download it????...
  8. How do I access game and app files downloaded from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I access game and app files downloaded from the Microsoft store?: I want to edit a few files in some games and apps but I can't seem to find their location. submitted by /u/S-021 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs72p8/how_do_i_access_game_and_app_files_downloaded/
  9. Do I need Microsoft Store to download games? Is there other gaming client?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need Microsoft Store to download games? Is there other gaming client?: I have been unable to fix the Microsoft store Code: 0x80131500 as many other people and due to that I'm trying to find a client like a Steam etc but no luck. Im particularly looking for Forza Horizon 4, are there any options?...
  10. How do i download the game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i download the game?: I recently redeemed a code for a game meant for Windows 10 and i am trying to install it on PC. However, I redeemed it on an icloud email account and i did it on the website. I press 'Install/Play' and it takes me to the app and its an outlook account. I thought it would be...