Windows 10: I downloaded a virus

Discus and support I downloaded a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded a virus and my windows defender detected it but before i knew it was a virus i ran it and now the defender doesent remove it when i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anonymous_469, Jun 18, 2022.

1. I downloaded a virus

Hello, I downloaded a virus and my windows defender detected it but before i knew it was a virus i ran it and now the defender doesent remove it when i click start actions. so I try to download a antivirus like avast but it crashes my browser instantly. anyone have a fix?

:)

Anonymous_469, Jun 18, 2022
  2. malware Win User

New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Jun 18, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    New PC DRM!

You mean:

Pirated
    Step 1: Find Pirated version.
    Step 2: Download (which takes far longer than all the waiting for saving would take if your internet connection truly is slow)
    Step 3: Scan downloaded copy with anti-virus.
    Step 4: Install and pray hard that it isn't virus infected
    Step 5: Install the pirating bit and pray some more that it isn't a virus
    Step 6: Enjoy with above worries
    Step 7: Save

newtekie1, Jun 18, 2022
  4. I downloaded a virus

PC Infected with Virus

One suggestion.....

COMBOFIX

its saved a lot of machines that ive worked on which most techs will say is beyond saving and to reinstall your OS

FreedomEclipse, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

I downloaded a virus

1. I downloaded a virus - Similar Threads - downloaded virus

2. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  3. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  4. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.: Good evening, Recently, an ad appeared and downloaded a program which might be quarantined at the moment but unfortunately I can not delete it. This specific program it must has a virus. I tried even from "CMD" to get rid of it but still nothing happens.I am afraid of doing...
  6. I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.

I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.: Good evening, Recently, an ad appeared and downloaded a program which might be quarantined at the moment but unfortunately I can not delete it. This specific program it must has a virus. I tried even from "CMD" to get rid of it but still nothing happens.I am afraid of doing...
  7. I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...: I downloaded a cracked game and ran a file with administrator on the first few days nothing happened except a pop-up cmd window like this one but not mine.For which I went to that location and clicked on the WindowsService.exe file and clicked on the Deny permission option...
  8. I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...

I had downloaded a crack game, and I cant access the Windows Security and Virus and Threat...: I downloaded a cracked game and ran a file with administrator on the first few days nothing happened except a pop-up cmd window like this one but not mine.For which I went to that location and clicked on the WindowsService.exe file and clicked on the Deny permission option...
  9. How to download virus remover?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download virus remover?: How to recover Prog Files and other files after being hacked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-virus-remover/040e03f9-488f-46c1-b463-0f3e1b677fa6
  10. How to download virus remover?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download virus remover?: How to recover Prog Files and other files after being hacked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-virus-remover/040e03f9-488f-46c1-b463-0f3e1b677fa6