Windows 10: I downloaded latest update and got the blue screen

Discus and support I downloaded latest update and got the blue screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The October update happened and now I have the blue screen. I've tried rebooting hitting f4 and one time only the screen came up for troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KL53, Oct 13, 2018.

1. KL53 Win User

I downloaded latest update and got the blue screen

The October update happened and now I have the blue screen. I've tried rebooting hitting f4 and one time only the screen came up for troubleshooting and was able to restore to before the update but it said it didn't work. Later I input my info at the login but it went back to the blue screen.

Now I can't get that screen that troubleshoots at all.

Help

Karen

:)

2. Blue screen issues

Hi Roy,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Make sure your computer is up to date:

Follow the below steps to check your Windows updates (including optional updates):

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. I downloaded latest update and got the blue screen - Similar Threads - downloaded latest update

2. I got the blue screen error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the blue screen error: So I got a Msi, when I got to the blue screen and after the system field to repair it appears this Log file: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\Harddisk1\Partion4\WINDOWS\Sydytem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt...
  3. I got the blue screen error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the blue screen error: So I got a Msi, when I got to the blue screen and after the system field to repair it appears this Log file: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\Harddisk1\Partion4\WINDOWS\Sydytem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt...
  4. i got blue screened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got blue screened: I bought a computer from amazon. It was microsoft authorized refurbisher. It came with windows 10. When i got it it said that i had to recover windows 10 . so i do what it said to do and what i got was a blue screen that said STOP CODE :Critical Process Died now i cant do any...
  5. i got blue screened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got blue screened: I bought a computer from amazon. It was microsoft authorized refurbisher. It came with windows 10. When i got it it said that i had to recover windows 10 . so i do what it said to do and what i got was a blue screen that said STOP CODE :Critical Process Died now i cant do any...
  6. i got blue screened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I got blue screen while downloading stable nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got blue screen while downloading stable nvidia driver: Hello! I have problems because of my nivida driver it gets me alot blue screen of death so I unistalled it using DDU then when I try to install a stable one it gives me blue screen again Using HP all in one pc GPU: Mx110 • error code: VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED...
  8. I got blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got blue screen of death: Hello I got blue screen of death Stop code: DRIVER POWER _STATE FAILUREPc : Hp all in one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-blue-screen-of-death/0bcaf944-20e7-4e17-81db-8dd3277aac8a
  9. Blue screen with the latest insider update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen with the latest insider update: I have gotten three blue screens today, after I have updated to the new insider preview 18990.1 (vb_release) is anyone else having this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-with-the-latest-insider-update/0d8a4342-208b-40bb-9541-0409565b8240
  10. Got blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Got blue screen: Can not reset or restart, it's a Bad system configuration info code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-blue-screen/485d9161-6f05-41d6-abf6-9632ce183be4