Windows 10: I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work

Discus and support I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like I said, downloaded 2004 today (took like an hour to download/install) and everything seems to work fine (besides to SSD trimming bug, but I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HalfManHalfHunk, Jul 15, 2020.

1. I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work

Like I said, downloaded 2004 today (took like an hour to download/install) and everything seems to work fine (besides to SSD trimming bug, but I turned that off for now so no biggie I guess...) except now every time I run the perfmon /report command it just says "running for 60 seconds" forever, I waited 6 seconds, I waited 5 minutes, I waited 10 minutes it doesn't generate a report at all and its just stuck in the 60 seconds loop.

Is this a known problem in 2004? Is there a way I can fix it?

submitted by /u/HalfManHalfHunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HalfManHalfHunk, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Dadof 5 Win User

perfmon /report fails to produce report after timeout error

Sorry to hear that. If you open the command prompt and simply type PERFMON and then when there performance monitor window opens look under Reports do you see any reports listed there at all? Sometimes it will say it timed out but it actually completed
    the report and failed to recognize the report completion hence the time-out

Dadof 5, Jul 15, 2020
  3. perfmon /report fails to produce report after timeout error

yes, I tried running perfmon /report as admin

to be clear, perfmon runs okay.

perfmon /report is a command line option that is supposed to generate a diagnostic report

"perfmon /report" is what I type in the run box and that runs but generates an error message after it spends 60 seconds gathering performance data. The error message is:

I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work cff68948-f446-4234-a63d-9eb65fcf127a?upload=true.jpg

RickNarveson, Jul 15, 2020
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work

Thema:

I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work

1. I downloaded Win10 2004 today and now perfmon /report doesnt work - Similar Threads - downloaded Win10 2004

2. Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors: Hi, much appreciate your advice on what is the wrong from Perfmon's diagnostic report. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-needed-to-resolve-perfmon-reporting-errors/df0fba0c-583e-463e-9b61-8b2255eb1271
  3. Perfmon /report running infinitely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Perfmon /report running infinitely: the title says it, ive already tried sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and it didnt fix the issue, can anyone help me complete this scan?...
  4. perfmon /report bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    perfmon /report bug: Anyone know if Microsoft is aware of perfmon /report never completing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/perfmon-report-bug/3543d1ac-f5a2-4ae6-a4b3-3c3d8ecff1d6
  5. Win10 2004 Microphone doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 2004 Microphone doesnt work.: Hello, i tried updating to the 2004 build today but when i do my mic stops working the pegel always shows 100% but it wont make any sound on recording or on Teamspeak and when i revert to the old build it works fine again. The headset is a Lx50 by Lioncast so not the...
  6. perfmon /report no longer works 2004 19041.423

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    perfmon /report no longer works 2004 19041.423: Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 no longer working in 2004. I have 19041.423 which was Clean Installed on 7/31. When I run perfmon /report from a Run box I get the window that says Collecting data for 60 seconds, but it never terminates. Has anyone else tried...
  7. Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions.: This was a new drive a month ago. I got it to install Windows 10 because my old system drive was too small. I thought things were going fine until a few days ago when I began to have occasional boot failures. Then CrystalDiskInfo came up with an error on my "C" drive. So I...
  8. perfmon /report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    perfmon /report: High average interrupts / processor. This machine has 4 processors and 5 network cards. Total Interrupts/sec on the machine is 33808. The average interrupts per processor per sec is 8452...
  9. Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.

Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.: New Dell Inspiron w/Windows 10 Home. Tried perfmon /report but received Error. Timed out. Tried sfc /scannow but no errors found. Changed SERVICES settings in "Performance Logs & Alerts" to Automatic from Manual and in "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel" to...
  10. Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?

Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?: I just wanted to know if MS removed the system health report feature from performance monitor. If so how do you start a system health report in Windows 10, it seems to differ from Windows 7 where you can find in advanced tools "Generate a system health report" ? Thanks!...