Windows 10: I downloaded windows 10 from my laptop via USB media creation tool but....

Discus and support I downloaded windows 10 from my laptop via USB media creation tool but.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So on my new pc i bought from a friend i accidentally deleted windows do not ask how i dont know. And i installed it using a USB media creation tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jodri sanchez, Jan 23, 2021.

1. I downloaded windows 10 from my laptop via USB media creation tool but....

So on my new pc i bought from a friend i accidentally deleted windows do not ask how i dont know. And i installed it using a USB media creation tool for windows 10 and now theres a text on the bottom right saying to activate windows how do i do this and where do i get the product key? Do i get the key from my laptop? Which is the computer from where i downloded the media creation tool from

:)

Jodri sanchez, Jan 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Windows Media Creation Tool won't download:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better

• Are you using Internet Explorer to download the files?

• Are you using a wired net connection or wireless net connection?
    You can use the media creation tool to upgrade your current PC to
    Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool:
    Windows 10 herunterladen

Alternatively, you can also use another pc to download the files.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further

Sachin V Rao, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Kyhi Win User

I downloaded windows 10 from my laptop via USB media creation tool but....

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

I downloaded windows 10 from my laptop via USB media creation tool but....

1. I downloaded windows 10 from my laptop via USB media creation tool but.... - Similar Threads - downloaded laptop via

2. Can't download media creation tool on USB stick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download media creation tool on USB stick.: I am trying to download the Windows 11 media creation tool for when i get my new PC on a USB stick with a size of 16GB. Whenever I open the wizard it says that there is not enough storage on Local Disk C:, even though I am trying o download it on the Kingston USB which is...
  3. Can't download media creation tool on USB stick.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download media creation tool on USB stick.: I am trying to download the Windows 11 media creation tool for when i get my new PC on a USB stick with a size of 16GB. Whenever I open the wizard it says that there is not enough storage on Local Disk C:, even though I am trying o download it on the Kingston USB which is...
  4. Can't download media creation tool on USB stick.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool

Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool: Long story which I won't share, but obtained a laptop with OEM Win 8.1 home which I rescued for use as a backup machine. Lots of info on the web that says still can get a free upgrade to Win 10, which I'd prefer doing. I used the Media Creation Tool to create a Win 10...
  6. Downloading Media Creation Tool

Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  7. Regarding Windows 10 ISO File Downloaded via Media Creation Tool

Regarding Windows 10 ISO File Downloaded via Media Creation Tool: I had recently downloaded a 3.94 GB ISO file of Windows 10 x64 Edition English - United States. I wanted to confirm whether the downloaded ISO file was tampered/corrupted or not. Following are the different hashes of the same file:- MD5 = 01f58d33a84d3469ab4c890741b5c3b2...
  8. USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download.

USB or ISO option for Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Download.: Greetings, As my subject line asks which is the most reliable method? Either choosing the USB or ISO option when downloading the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I had a failed install when choosing the USB Media Creation Tool download option then using this USB to start...
  9. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  10. Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool

Installing Windows 10 via Media Creation Tool: I have a copy of 10 reserved, but what if I lose my patience and download an ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 I don't have a 10 product key yet, so how would that work? 9582