Windows 10: I dragged and dropped every day...until today

Discus and support I dragged and dropped every day...until today in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't even move my desktop icons! What the heck IS the issue with drag and drop suddenly going dark? It's NOT a Windows 10 problem, I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BonnieCanelakes, Mar 8, 2019.

1. I dragged and dropped every day...until today

I can't even move my desktop icons!

What the heck IS the issue with drag and drop suddenly going dark? It's NOT a Windows 10 problem, I've been dragging and dropping in10 since the initial upgrade (years now), but coincidentally, after saving a Word file to OneDrive (for the first time in a long time) Drag & Drop works no more! I can't even move the desktop icons around so they're stuck where they are, forever, presumably? What's the deal?

:)

BonnieCanelakes, Mar 8, 2019

2. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Win User
  4. I dragged and dropped every day...until today

Drag and Drop

When using "Drag and Drop":
    • "Alt + left mouse button" to create a Link/Shortcut
    • "Ctrl + left mouse button" to Copy the file
    • "Shift + left mouse button" to Move the file

lehnerus2000, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

I dragged and dropped every day...until today

1. I dragged and dropped every day...until today - Similar Threads - dragged dropped every

2. Drag and drop not always drop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop not always drop.: I have been using windows 11 since the release, and this issue has been bugging me. I can drag files no problem and drop them. But sometimes I can try drag a file into a new one and when I release it , it does not drop, it sticks to the pointer and just stays there until I...
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop: How do I drag a program from the Start Menu to the Desktop in Windows 10? The last answer to that question here is 6 years old, and doesn't work, plus, someone said that by 2016 the drag and drop feature had been restored--- but it doesn't work for me. Help....
  6. Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop: When I drag & drop from ay laptop "File Folder" to an external HD, is the information in File Folder lost? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop/10536d09-d925-4c59-95f2-f7f9e92c8499
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  10. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...