Windows 10: I dread windows updates, period!

Discus and support I dread windows updates, period! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why everyone, but me, apparently, seems so excited about every single windows update, when every single time I dare to agree and install, as it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marusik, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Marusik Win User

I dread windows updates, period!

Why everyone, but me, apparently, seems so excited about every single windows update, when every single time I dare to agree and install, as it has always been the case ever since, and more recently with the latest November update.

After waiting hours for the whole installation process to be completed, is always either my antivirus (Bitfender) or my display settings (Intel on Dell) that fail the test. So I always have to manually change and adjust the settings back to normal range before I'm able to use my PC again. Let alone my Chrome settings, which suspiciously freezes everytime ever after...

I guess this is the price, we the consumers, have to pay in order to have another "free" windows update. Not to mention planned obsolescence...

P.S. Finally, after removing the "new and improved" windows 10 update my pc is back in service again.

:)

Marusik, Nov 14, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 14, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I dread windows updates, period! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 14, 2019
  4. I dread windows updates, period!

The dreaded update KB3172985

Yes, it is an ongoing issue for months in some PC's without a well known fix TBH. Microsoft is releasing Anniversary update for Windows 10 on 2nd August, that would be a major update to windows 10.

I would suggest you doing that manually using an ISO which would serve two purposes:

• Would make your system up to date.
    • Correct your windows update issue also.
    You can drop me a message in this thread on 2nd, I would provide the links and steps for repair Install through an ISO. (ISO isn't released yet)

You can hide the update using a tool, see the thread:

Update for IE Flash Player for Windows 10 (KB3133431) Hangs Windows 10 Update sequence

Let me know if there are any questions.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

I dread windows updates, period!

1. I dread windows updates, period! - Similar Threads - dread updates period

2. Dreaded Windows 11 Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dreaded Windows 11 Challenge phrase: My desktop has hit me with challenge phrase lockout. I have typed in the A1 etc. phrase which brings me to the “try again” sign in box. However, it will not let me type anything into it. I then followed instructions and hit shift and restart, which brought up a range of...
  3. Dreaded Windows 11 Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dreaded Windows 11 Challenge phrase: My desktop has hit me with challenge phrase lockout. I have typed in the A1 etc. phrase which brings me to the “try again” sign in box. However, it will not let me type anything into it. I then followed instructions and hit shift and restart, which brought up a range of...
  4. Dreaded Windows 10 - 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dreaded Windows 10 - 2004 update: Noticed that others are having similar problem to me when accepting update to Windows 10 version 2004 - this totally ruined my HP laptop and I discovered that my SSD had been totally destroyed. I have seen an on line video which explains that fault in download means system...
  5. The Dreaded Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Dreaded Blue Screen: I received an Error Code 0x000014c and i have followed your directions posted on here. I inserted the media installation tool. However all I get is that damn screen, Recovery. I reset my Boot Order and confirmed the player. But I cannot get the computer to turn on so I can...
  6. The Dreaded Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Dreaded Blue Screen: I keep getting the Blue Screen popping up, especially if I am on the net viewing photos on Flickr. The message is received concerns a stop code and that Windows will shut down and restart. It takes several hours or several days before I can boot up again. Help!!!!...
  7. Dreaded SrtTrail.txt

Dreaded SrtTrail.txt: I recently got the dreaded SrtTrail.txt error a few days ago and have been at my wits end on what more I can do. I am using Windows 10. My desktop kept refreshing and popped up an error. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to read it as it closed out on its own. I went to...
  8. a dreaded MSDOS type of program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a dreaded MSDOS type of program: Hello all, I'm back from a long hiatus. Since I've been away, I've learned more about computers, but have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to help a family member who has a small business. They are running an old program that installs from a floppy diskette. They don't have...
  9. Why is windows 10 so dreadfully slow?

Why is windows 10 so dreadfully slow?: Why is windows 10 so dreadfully slow? My old computer running XP Professional is far superior..... * Original title: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-is-windows-10-so-dreadfully-slow/1cfa7934-a61f-4df4-a363-325abfa79879
  10. dreaded blue screen

dreaded blue screen: OK the last few updates has left my computer a mess I get a blue screen several times a day I had to totally change my id because of it I'm about ready to format my harddrive and go back to win 7 pro. I use more than one browser and will always do it so if you are...