Windows 10: I Drive SCAM

Discus and support I Drive SCAM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I enrolled in I Drive back up service some months ago. Had question a few days ago called in and the Indian tech asked to do remote view so as to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WWW.net, Nov 13, 2019.

1. WWW.net Win User

I Drive SCAM

I enrolled in I Drive back up service some months ago. Had question a few days ago called in and the Indian tech asked to do remote view so as to better show me the answer to my question. In the process my desktop background went black instead of the usual green images that were there before. When he was through and claimed he had disconnected but my desktop background remained black. He said it happens seldom but helped me get the old desktop back.

Maybe I made the mistake of telling him that I keep my computer on all the time because this morning I find my desktop is black again and the windows had been decreased in size slightly There was also a pop up ad from Microsoft for Microsoft 10. I brought the windows back to full size again and have fixed background problem but I felt like someone had been on my computer during the night. Sure enough I checked my history and the last website I had been on showed that it had been visited again at 3 :48 AM in the morning while I was sleeping!

It looks to me that this tech came back and was somehow able to get back into my computer. I have no idea what he did but it could be bad as Google displays all my passwords in the settings section.

Later today I got a red virus warning screen from supposedly MSN with a phone number telling me that my computer was infected and I need to call them. I did and it was some woman who claimed she was in Texas but didn't sound Indian. She wanted me to give her access for remote viewing to see what was wrong. NO way am I going to do that.

I don't know for sure if the two are connected. Just wondering if anyone else has had or known someone with similar experiences with I Drive and if you have any advice

:)

WWW.net, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

I Drive SCAM

Smeed, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

I Drive SCAM

1. I Drive SCAM - Similar Threads - Drive SCAM

2. Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?: I am trying to turn an old 32bit Vista system into a Virtual Computer to run on my new Win11 PC in Hyper-V. However, the virtual machine boots to a BSOD. The old system had Acronis True Image installed now uninstalled, and it appears to have moved the boot portion of the...
  3. Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I recombine separate boot and system partitions back into one bootable system drive?: I am trying to turn an old 32bit Vista system into a Virtual Computer to run on my new Win11 PC in Hyper-V. However, the virtual machine boots to a BSOD. The old system had Acronis True Image installed now uninstalled, and it appears to have moved the boot portion of the...
  4. one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why: Correlation Id: 8114636c-df74-46a6-94ac-92c81795c600Timestamp: 2024-04-25T20:40:15.000ZDPTI: 19d2c5aab8c2582f3c802a9532b56e66e1b2569c607143519404cde8f8fdd2abError Tag: 7q6caError Code: -2147023174...
  5. one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why

one drive sign in isn't possible i dont know why: Correlation Id: 8114636c-df74-46a6-94ac-92c81795c600Timestamp: 2024-04-25T20:40:15.000ZDPTI: 19d2c5aab8c2582f3c802a9532b56e66e1b2569c607143519404cde8f8fdd2abError Tag: 7q6caError Code: -2147023174...
  6. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  7. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 hard drive going into green screen: So I had a malware infection last night. I ran a few suggested apps, and was able to get my pc back up and running. But when I booted the PC this morning, it went to the dreaded green screen. Now it won't boot, boot repair isn't working does it ever?, and there is no option...
  8. Win10 hard drive going into green screen

9. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...
  10. Recently email sent by Microsoft about being copied to One Drive. is it a scam

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently email sent by Microsoft about being copied to One Drive. is it a scam: Recently email sent by Microsoft about files being copied to One Drive. is it a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-email-sent-by-microsoft-about-being/5f1f7d3c-7b76-4ce4-ba2b-fb12edc167de