Windows 10: I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back...

Discus and support I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back off whenever I reset my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Book 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jfkelley1, Nov 29, 2018.

1. jfkelley1 Win User

I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back...

I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back off whenever I reset my Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Book 2. How do I fix this?

:)

jfkelley1, Nov 29, 2018

2. Windows Taskbar doesn't hide in ANY program when full screen

Hi,

Taskbar that refuses to auto-hide correctly might have caused by a misconfigured taskbar settings. To verify your taskbar settings, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Make sure that the Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode
      option is enabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Why I cant hide my taskbar?

Hi,

You might want to hide the taskbar sometimes, like when you’re watching a movie or doing some reading. You have the flexibility to automatically hide the taskbar based on whether you’re in desktop mode or tablet mode.
    Follow these steps to do it:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar tab.
    • On the right pane, switch on either or both Automatically hide the taskbar
      in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar
      in tablet mode.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Nov 29, 2018
  4. I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back...

Taskbar Remains Visible in Full-Screen Mode

Hi Siegel,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to enable hide the taskbar in desktop mode option
    in the taskbar settings and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with not displaying google chrome full desktop mode, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back...

1. I enable "Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode", but then the setting turns back... - Similar Threads - enable Automatically Hide

2. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  3. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...: ... as per title. This is a user setting and the OS should never turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-hide-the-taskbar-in-desktop-mode/1cf1199d-0c26-4f52-b9ac-dd28cf965a68
  4. "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the Taskbar settings turns...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on: Two days ago I clicked something on my keyboard and my taskbar dissapeared, I managed to find the solution the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option was turned on in the settings. But now even if I tun it back off it keeps turning on every time I turn on my...
  6. Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on

Windows "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" keeps turning on: Two days ago I clicked something on my keyboard and my taskbar dissapeared, I managed to find the solution the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option was turned on in the settings. But now even if I tun it back off it keeps turning on every time I turn on my...
  7. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  8. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode: How to create a keyboard shortcut for the "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in Windows 10?The following site has taught how to do this for Windows 11, I tested it for Windows 10 and it worked, but when running, it causes the Windows Explorer program to...
  9. automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode

10. Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.

Automatically Hide the Taskbar in Desktop Mode Will Not Turn Off.: I know this initially sounds like an obvious question, as I know I should just hit lock the taskbar but unfortunately, this does not work. When I enable lock the taskbar, it appears when no application is maximized then disappears when an application, like Settings or Chrome,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have hide my taskbar in desktop mode but when i open my taskbar it opens like ..

2. auto hide the tasbar in desktop mode

3. when i click in hide the taskbar the taskbar turns white

4. automatically hide taskbar in desktop mode,
  5. guide of how to bring back the auto hide taskbar and desktop icons