Windows 10: I encountered a problem with my PC during an update and the computer will give me a sign on...

Discus and support I encountered a problem with my PC during an update and the computer will give me a sign on... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've restarted the computer but it still does the same thing. When I do get the pin entered, the computer acts like it is updating then goes to a black... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by VIRGINIAMAJOR, Mar 18, 2020.

1. I encountered a problem with my PC during an update and the computer will give me a sign on...

I've restarted the computer but it still does the same thing. When I do get the pin entered, the computer acts like it is updating then goes to a black screen.

:)

VIRGINIAMAJOR, Mar 18, 2020

2. Defender keeping from connecting to network computer

Hi,

I realize that Windows Defender is not letting you to connect the laptop to the desktop pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the laptop or the desktop prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the laptop as well as the desktop pc?

Suggest you to follow these steps on the laptop to check if that helps:

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers to check if this helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Once this is done you may also repeat the same steps on the desktop pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Signing in to computer

Hi Laurena,

For us to isolate what may be causing the issue, we suggest that you boot your computer in
    Safe mode and check if you will encounter the same issue.

Safe mode is a method of starting Windows using only basic files and drivers. Through this, we can identify if there are some applications that might be causing the problem. For instructions, please see steps under
    From the sign-in screen on this
    link

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 18, 2020
  4. I encountered a problem with my PC during an update and the computer will give me a sign on...

Windows 10 startup problem

If you have another user account on your computer, try signing in using it and see if you'll encounter the same issue. This is for isolation purposes only.

If the same thing happens, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    about troubleshooting black screen issues. Perform the steps in the I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10 section. You will have to

start your computer in safe mode
    before you can do the rest of the steps listed there.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

I encountered a problem with my PC during an update and the computer will give me a sign on...

1. I encountered a problem with my PC during an update and the computer will give me a sign on... - Similar Threads - encountered problem during

2. Help! Error encountered during windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Error encountered during windows update: I tried routine windows update, the download was successful but the installation wasn't. Displaying the error below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-error-encountered-during-windows-update/1b8d5bea-046b-45fd-ae10-13de726ee66e
  3. Help! Error encountered during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! Error encountered during windows update: I tried routine windows update, the download was successful but the installation wasn't. Displaying the error below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-error-encountered-during-windows-update/1b8d5bea-046b-45fd-ae10-13de726ee66e
  4. A few problems I encountered, related with "Sign-In Options" on my Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A few problems I encountered, related with "Sign-In Options" on my Windows 10.: First,I have my PIN code set up, but then after a while, it requires me to change my PIN number before I can sign-in into my windows...Second,An annoying problem that I haven't find the solution about this "Sign-In Options". I can't change my PIN/Fingerprint nor can I remove...
  5. every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered

every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered: i tried to download 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173and after finishing installing a msg pops up There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  6. Error Encountered During update

Error Encountered During update: I have been trying to update my desktop for 4 days now and every time I do so I get an error code 0x8007000d and I was wondering what can I do to fix this issue. [ATTACH]...
  7. Error encountered during Windows Update

Error encountered during Windows Update: I have been trying to update my Windows10 for quite some time now, however I keep getting an error prompt. This is what shows up when I try to update : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try...
  8. Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not giving me the option to change PIN number to sign into computer.: Hello. I need to change my PIN when signing into the laptop. I've tried to change it by going to the Windows icon, selecting settings, clicking on Accounts, then selecting sign-in options. It will bring up all the options to sign-in, but the PIN option says, "not...
  9. I want to update windows 10 on my computer but it gives me problem,so please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to update windows 10 on my computer but it gives me problem,so please help: I want to update windows 10 on my computer but it gives me problem,so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-update-windows-10-on-my-computer-but-it/1d832979-86fb-4686-9c6e-8836cb4e2fa6
  10. My new computer is giving me a error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My new computer is giving me a error: Its saying 0xc000000e error and a device is not put in what do i do! it wont even turn all the way on please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-is-giving-me-a-error/d25849b9-3a0d-4f46-831d-2156acaac84a