Windows 10: I ended up with 2 Administrator accounts that split my pictures and data between them.

Discus and support I ended up with 2 Administrator accounts that split my pictures and data between them. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a hard disk crash and replaced it ok. The problem arose after reinstalling Windows 10, getting the updates and when I tried to restore my backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesEmme, Jun 8, 2019.

1. JamesEmme Win User

I ended up with 2 Administrator accounts that split my pictures and data between them.

I had a hard disk crash and replaced it ok. The problem arose after reinstalling Windows 10, getting the updates and when I tried to restore my backup files onto the new drive. It seems I inadvertently created a new "persona" as the administrator. I added a new local account for my self. When I attempted to make my self the administrator Windows told me I needed to add an Admin authorization to make those changes. (but there was only a "NO" box available to continue.) The main problem is that when I mistakenly created either one or both of the accounts, Windows split my large pictures folder and documents folders between the 2 accts, inaccurately I might add. It seemed logical to copy the folders from the unwanted acct. to my acct. (or vice-versa) It won't let me do that without an administrators authorization and password. And it won't provide a place to add that info in.

I tried to delete the unwanted persona, successfully I guess, but, that just made things worse. Any suggestions how to combine all of my folders into one account without having to completely start over by reinstalling Windows? I tried creating a restore point and that was blocked also.

:)

JamesEmme, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Account Picture Administration

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that you will not be able to change the profile picture for all the user accounts if they are Microsoft accounts. If the user accounts are Microsoft account, the profile picture should be changed by signing in to:
    https://account.microsoft.com/ and if the user account is a local account, then you can change the Account picture (provided you are
    signed into that account)by following the steps provided below:

1. Open Windows Settings.
    2. Then click on Accounts.
    3. Then click on image/blank icon to change it.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

I ended up with 2 Administrator accounts that split my pictures and data between them.

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Strange.

It looks as if the best alternative would be as follows, subject to me understanding you correctly that you only want one user account and that should be an MS account with your wife's email address:
    • Create a user account to your wife with her MS account email
    • Copy the data from C:\Users\Your_Original_Account to the new account of your wife's (Documents to Documents, Pictures to Pictures and so on)
    • Make your wife's account an administrator account
    • Delete your original account

Kari, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. I ended up with 2 Administrator accounts that split my pictures and data between them. - Similar Threads - ended Administrator accounts

2. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  3. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  4. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  5. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  6. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  8. split screen for 2 different accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    split screen for 2 different accounts: The tech support guy set up a second administrative account on my laptop for me when I had problems getting apps from MS store. He transferred info from one account to the other by having both accounts open at the same time on a split screen. I need to to further work...
  9. Account Picture Administration

Account Picture Administration: Hi guys, I would like to set an account picture for all users on the PC to the default account picture. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-administration/62616709-a39e-4a64-80ad-1deba24acd98
  10. Sharing data between 2 home laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing data between 2 home laptops: I have recently rebuilt both my laptops and now can't seem to share data between them I have previously managed to do this using homegroups and file sharing but not sure if I'm using best practices. Can you advise what's the simplest way. It's mainly to back up music and...