Windows 10: I ended up with two operating systems trying to fix a bad update error

Discus and support I ended up with two operating systems trying to fix a bad update error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop ran out of power in the middle of updating and then kept showing the "Undoing changes made to your computer" message. It was stuck in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NewNassau, Nov 24, 2019.

1. I ended up with two operating systems trying to fix a bad update error

My laptop ran out of power in the middle of updating and then kept showing the "Undoing changes made to your computer" message. It was stuck in a restart loop. I read many of the various guides on this issue. I ended up downloading Windows 10 installation media on my hard drive and using that to enter the Windows Recovery Environment (using F8 or power button didn't work).

In the choose operating system menu, there is a blank unnamed operating system which is the default and Windows 10. When I choose the blank one, it goes into a restart loop. But choosing the Windows 10 actually gets it working normally (until I restart, then I have to repeat the process). What can I do in this situation? I can't enter safe mode. And uninstalling the update doesn't seem to work.

submitted by /u/NewNassau
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NewNassau, Nov 24, 2019

2. Error Loading operating system

I'm getting the BIOS System Configuration screen and at the very end

searching for Boot Record from IDE-0..OK
    Error Loading operating system

What can I do to make it boot?

doradeno2003, Nov 24, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 24, 2019
  4. I ended up with two operating systems trying to fix a bad update error

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

I ended up with two operating systems trying to fix a bad update error

1. I ended up with two operating systems trying to fix a bad update error - Similar Threads - ended operating systems

2. Two Operating Systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Operating Systems?: Hello everyone. I recently attempted to download a new operating system onto my windows 11 device. The installation didn't go well, and it froze on boot. I restarted my computer and i had 2 options, "Windows 11", Or "Windows Setup". How can I delete "Windows Setup" from my...
  3. Two Operating Systems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Operating Systems?: Hello everyone. I recently attempted to download a new operating system onto my windows 11 device. The installation didn't go well, and it froze on boot. I restarted my computer and i had 2 options, "Windows 11", Or "Windows Setup". How can I delete "Windows Setup" from my...
  4. Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Fix No operating system was loaded error in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]While booting a Hyper-V virtual machine, if you get No operating system was loaded error, this guide will help you fix the issue. You cannot install your OS on the virtual machine unless or until you fix this problem since it without the ISO, it won’t load the...
  5. Fix Bdeunlock.exe Bad image, System Error or Not responding errors

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Bdeunlock.exe Bad image, System Error or Not responding errors: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are experiencing an error. They see a Bdeunlock.exe error box that says Bad image, System Error or Not responding. In this article, we are going to see how to fix Bdeunlock.exe errors with the help of simple solutions. What is Bdeunlock.exe?...
  6. Two operating systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two operating systems: When i turn on my computer it asks me to choose from windows 10 and another windows 10 operating system it makes no difference which one i pick obviously it goes to the same place. Now i have this other computer that some how was wiped clean. I was wondering if i could...
  7. Two operating systems

Two operating systems: When I restart an older W10 laptop I own, after the manufacturer logo I see a light blue screen with "Choose an Operating System" at the top. Below that it has two choices. Windows 10 On volume 5 and Windows 10 On volume 3 I always select the first one and have...
  8. Fix VMware operating system not found Boot error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix VMware operating system not found Boot error: [ATTACH]VMware applications are some of the most popular for creating and managing virtual machines. […] This article Fix VMware operating system not found Boot error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Two Errors When Trying To Update

Two Errors When Trying To Update: I get the error Windows Could Not Configure on or more system componets and error code 0xC1900101 – 0x30018 I have tried everything from Updating using Media Creation tool to Updating drivers to sfc/scannow 155924
  10. two operating systems on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    two operating systems on start up: Disc manager will not let me remove any or adjust any except the one I use! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-operating-systems-on-start-up/6aeec18f-a519-44d5-a633-0d9187fd6ab6