Windows 10: I execute this batch file every day to remove some folders I think are useless. Are any of...

Discus and support I execute this batch file every day to remove some folders I think are useless. Are any of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; rd /s /q "C:\$RECYCLE.BIN" rd /s /q "C:\$WinREAgent" rd /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings" rd /s /q "C:\Intel" rd /s /q "C:\OneDriveTemp" rd /s /q... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/parvinderandroid, Sep 21, 2020.

1. I execute this batch file every day to remove some folders I think are useless. Are any of...

rd /s /q "C:\$RECYCLE.BIN" rd /s /q "C:\$WinREAgent" rd /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings" rd /s /q "C:\Intel" rd /s /q "C:\OneDriveTemp" rd /s /q "C:\PerfLogs" rd /s /q "C:\Recovery" rd /s /q "C:\$Windows.~WS" rd /s /q "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT" rd /s /q "C:\ESD" rd /s /q "C:\Windows\Temp" rd /s /q "C:\Windows\Prefetch" rd /s /q "%TEMP%" rd /s /q "D:\$RECYCLE.BIN" net stop wuauserv rd /s /q C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution net start wuauserv
    submitted by /u/parvinderandroid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/parvinderandroid, Sep 21, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 21, 2020
  4. I execute this batch file every day to remove some folders I think are useless. Are any of...

Batch file to remove temp and %temp% useless content?

Hey , I dont know if it's possible , but can I automatically remove the content INSIDE the %temp% ( which is located in Appdata > Local> %Temp% ) and the content from the normal temp folder ( which is located in This PC >Local Disk C: > Windows > Temp
    ) each time i'm opening my PC ? because If you will not remove them your system performance might get decreased a bit . So , can anyone give me a code that I will paste in a batch file to remove ALL FILES INSIDE the temp and the %temp% folder ( because i only
    need to remove the content inside these folders , not the folders ) ? and can I set this batch file to run each time at startup ? and one more question , If i will set this batch file to run at startup , it will open and automatically close after this process
    is finished , it will run ONLY ONCE at startup right ? Not multiple times? only once at each startup ? And the last thing , how do i set it to run at startup ?

Marinel Cipu, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

I execute this batch file every day to remove some folders I think are useless. Are any of...

1. I execute this batch file every day to remove some folders I think are useless. Are any of... - Similar Threads - execute batch file

2. How can I clean useless folders and files in my C: drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I clean useless folders and files in my C: drive?: I want to clean up my files and noticed there are many folders on the roots of my drive that are useless because they are from software that I uninstalled, and I was thinking some could be also random Windows stuff that has been updated and left behind, so, how could I...
  3. Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a program that executes commands at certain times (in a batch file)?: Hello, everyone, I have programmed a Minecraft server and have now set the computer to go on and off to certain pages. When it is on, the start file Per Autostart opens. But to close it I need the command /stop so the server saves. But because I want everything to be...
  4. WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS IS REMOVING ANY DOCUMENT OR FILE I DOWNLOAD: How do I turn of virus protection in windows. It is deleting every file I try to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-removing-any-document-or-file-i/1018bcc4-bdfa-4747-9891-8a9e82958acd
  5. Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any executable files that I try to download WON'T download...: i've tried to download several executable files from official sites (e.g. minecraft launcher), and when I try to open them from chrome, and a new chrome tab called "window dialog" is made, but is invisible. when I try to open them from my downloads folder, they are all...
  6. Opening Files I Think

Opening Files I Think: Every time I try to download a file it won't download the right way or I can't put it in my game because it keeps on downloading with Internet Explorer. I have downloaded another app to download files or whatever, but it keeps on going back to internet explorer and won't let...
  7. Batch File to delete folders and its files later than 10 days

Batch File to delete folders and its files later than 10 days: Hello, I have folders and thier files that get backed up every so often and get put into a folder named bk_Operator Rate Program. In the bk_Operator Rate Program folder there are folders with thier files within this main folder and they are named by the date they were backed...
  8. Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch Folder and Batch File/Move Software: Looking for recommendations for software that handles automatic batch folder creation according to defined rules. Also looking for software that handles automatic file and folder moving into more than one directory according to selection criteria (size, date, extension,...
  9. Almost every day I get the BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Almost every day I get the BSOD.: Hello everybody, two months ago i made my very first pc. Since then almost every day i get the BSOD *Sad. My PC specs: CPU - i5 6600K Mo-Bo - ASUS Z170-K RAM - 2x 4GB kingston hyperx 2133 mhz GPU - MSI R9 390 PSU - Seasonic M12ii EVO 650w Storage - Samsung 850...
  10. Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reg file to batch remove BLOCK from files /Folder: Hi I found this, which I added to the registry but the right click option to unblock files / folders hasnt appeared any help please [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile]@=”Unblock file”[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\unblockfile\command]@=”cmd /c streams -d...