Windows 10: I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I extracted too many filea on to my laptop and it stopped responding. I try to delete the files but windows won't respond.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewCorsetti, Jun 13, 2020.

1. I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop

So I extracted too many filea on to my laptop and it stopped responding. I try to delete the files but windows won't respond.

:)

AndrewCorsetti, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. How to export photos windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

If you were using other application apart from file explorer, you may follow the below steps to export to pen drive/flash drive.

• Open the location where the Photos are located using File Explorer.
    • Select the files you want to Export.
    • Right click on the file and select ‘Send to’ from its context menu.
    • Now select the Jump drive from the sub menu.
    • Once the transfer is done, you may open the jump hard disk drive from the File Explorer and check if the file is present there.
    Please get back with the above information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 13, 2020
  4. ddelo Win User

I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop

Export All Administrative Events to Excel

To analyze events, from the Windows Event Viewer, there is a simple way to export all Administrative Events to Excel, with PowerShell.

Exporting all Administrative Events to Excel is a simple two Step process, as described here:

Step 1 - Create the Administrative Events View .xml file
    1. Open Eventviewer (%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc)
    2. Navigate to: Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events
    3. In the “Actions” pane select “Filter Current Custom View”.
    4. Select the the XML tab.
    5. Press Ctrl+A to select all the XML code of the Custom View.
    6. Open a notepad, paste the selected code and save the file to your Desktop as AdmEvtView.xml

Step 2 - Create the csv file with the events
    1. Download the ExportEvtCSV.zip file, which contains the script ExportEvtCSV.ps1 and unzip it, on your Desktop.
      It's not a fancy script, just basic PowerShell commands to create a csv file on the Desktop.
    2. In Windows Search, type “ISE” (without the quotes) to open “Windows PowerShell ISE” and Run as administrator
    3. To allow running the script, change the ExecutionPolicy, for this session. To do that, in the Console pane type:
      Code:
    4. In the Windows PowerShell ISE, open and run the script: ExportEvtCSV.ps1
      The script will create a csv file with a name YYYYMMDD.HHMM.csv on the Desktop
    5. When done, open the newly created .csv file, format the columns as needed and optionally save it as .xlsx, if you wish.
    That’s it! You now have all the Administrative Events in Excel for filtering and further analysis. I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop :)

Now to the more technical hard stuff... *Confused

There is a reason for running the script from within PowerShell ISE!

It would be great if everything was also working perfectly, when running the script from an elevated PowerShell too.

We can run it from an elevated PowerShell, which means that you just follow the Step 1, as above but for the Step 2 instead of the ISE you run the script from an elevated PowerShell.

The problem is that it will work only for anybody who has en-US format for the dates. Everyone else, who has another format (i.e. en-GB, fr-FR, el-GR etc.), the dates are not translated properly by Excel (although the script uses the –UseCulture switch) and remain as text in the en-US format.

I'm not sure if this a bug of the "export-csv" cmdlet, but although it runs the way it supposed to from within the ISE, from PowerShell there is a problem with the dates format.
    As I haven’t found a way to overcome this obstacle, any suggestion from the PowerShell gurus of the forum (like my good friend Shawn @Brink, for instance), is welcome.

ddelo, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop

1. I Exported Too Many Files On My Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Exported Too Many

2. I accidentally extracted too many files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally extracted too many files: I can dragging some files to a folder and accidentally put them on my desktop and now I can’t do anything on my laptop & I don’t have a restore point...
  3. I accidentally extracted too many files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally extracted too many files: I can dragging some files to a folder and accidentally put them on my desktop and now I can’t do anything on my laptop & I don’t have a restore point...
  4. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  5. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extracted too many files on desktop: Basically while I wasn't paying attention I extracted all files onto my desktop and now my screen goes black every other time I click and can't open any applications....
  6. Extracted too many files on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I extracted too many files onto my Windows 10 computer. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I extracted too many files onto my Windows 10 computer. What do I do?: I accidentally extracted a huge file onto my computer and now I have hundreds of files on my desktop and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-extracted-too-many-files-onto-my-windows-10/e8e9b3f4-e033-42cf-9dab-d84067071c6b
  8. How many are too many fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How many are too many fonts in Windows 10: So right not I don't have any problems with my 1700 fonts. But I feel like it could be affecting my Adobe illustrator. I was wondering how many my computer can handle. I have a Dell Precision 5820 with 2 hard drives 250GB and 1 TB with 32 RAM with a graphic Driver NVIDIA...
  9. too many Document files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    too many Document files: I had a Dell computer stop working. Had to use direct cable to transfer files to new Dell. Had problems and created 4 separate registry files on C drive, My computer, My name and a 4th. Every time I save a file it goes to all four document files. I am running out of memory....
  10. accidentally exported to many files onto desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    accidentally exported to many files onto desktop: so i was exporting a project from adobe animate and forgot to make a folder for all the frames from the project to go into. it was about 27% done exporting before i realized what had happened and hit cancel. my screen shows all the files but i’m not able to open anything on...