Windows 10: I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into.

Discus and support I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop wasn’t working properly so after a while of trouble shooting I decided I should factory reset it to hopefully fix it. It when through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sea_Conversation6075, Jan 12, 2021.

1. I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into.

My laptop wasn’t working properly so after a while of trouble shooting I decided I should factory reset it to hopefully fix it. It when through the whole process fine until the end. I got a pop up box saying that windows could not be installed and I needed to restart the update. I looked up some help and went into command prompt to fix it. When I started it up again, there was a user called “Administrator” that I could not sign into. Does anyone know what I should do?

submitted by /u/Sea_Conversation6075
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sea_Conversation6075, Jan 12, 2021
  2. allend66 Win User

Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

"Administrator"

I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into. [​IMG]

I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into. [​IMG]

allend66, Jan 12, 2021
  3. allend66 Win User
    Factory reset spawns multiple Administrator accounts

Hi all

Since I refreshed (factory restored) my win10 home laptop, it wants to creates admin accounts all by itself.

This happens every 2 or 3 reboots, and the admin accounts appear at the logon screen.
    Before the refresh it booted to my log on. Now it boots to a list of accounts. First the inbuilt admin account appeared, which I tried to get rid of by the tutorial (net user administrator /active:no in elevated cmd).

Sure enough after a couple of reboots it was back again. I tried leaving it and after a couple of bootups, another admin account appeared, this time with a user name and password (the inbuilt admin account didn't have a username, just password)

Does anybody have idea what the heck is going on? (absolutely NOBODY else has access to my PC)
    Thanks
    D

allend66, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Kurtimir Win User

I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into.

Help I just factory reset my friends laptop and now it won’t let us open anything up

When he first turns on the laptop after the factory reset it asked for other users so i did some searching and i followed theses steps.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

1. If on Windows 7 press F8 upon restart after the manufacturers logo appears. If on Windows 8,8.1 press Shift key and then Restart to access Safe Mode.
    2. Then access command prompt (admin) and type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    3. Then press ENTER.

Step 2: Administrator Account.

Log in through the in built admin account, create a new administrator account and check if you can log in. If you are able to log into the new account, deactivate the inbuilt admin account.

We didnt understand how to do step 2 and he turned his laptop off and back on. After it turned back on it immediately signed into an administrator and open us to a desktop with just the recycle bin, we couldnt open up anything and we dont know what to
    do.

Kurtimir, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into.

1. I factory reset my laptop and there is an administrator account present that I can’t log into. - Similar Threads - factory reset laptop

2. I can’t factory reset at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t factory reset at all: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding a persistent issue I’m facing with my computer’s factory reset process. Despite following the recommended steps and trying various reset options, I have been unable to successfully...
  3. I can’t factory reset at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t factory reset at all: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding a persistent issue I’m facing with my computer’s factory reset process. Despite following the recommended steps and trying various reset options, I have been unable to successfully...
  4. I can’t log into my laptop account

I can’t log into my laptop account: I am trying to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account password but it told me it was incorrect, so I reset my password to something new, and tried to sign in with the new password, and it told me I was incorrect again. I made sure there were no differences at all....
  5. I can’t log into my laptop account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log into my laptop account: I am trying to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account password but it told me it was incorrect, so I reset my password to something new, and tried to sign in with the new password, and it told me I was incorrect again. I made sure there were no differences at all....
  6. I can’t factory reset without logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t factory reset without logging in: I got locked out of my windows 11 pc and my advanced options are only “startup settings” and “UEFI Firmware Settings” how can I factory reset just using those options?...
  7. I can’t factory reset without logging in

I can’t factory reset without logging in: I got locked out of my windows 11 pc and my advanced options are only “startup settings” and “UEFI Firmware Settings” how can I factory reset just using those options?...
  8. I can't factory reset/log in to my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't factory reset/log in to my account: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode and tried to do a tried to go for a...
  9. I can't factory reset/log in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset/log in to my account: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode and tried to do a tried to go for a...
  10. I can't factory reset/log in to my account