Windows 10: I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in

Discus and support I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a laptop off of somebody yesterday. (hp 15 ba009dx) I had to factory reset it to clear the Microsoft account on it to change it to mine.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IsisD1, Nov 25, 2018.

1. IsisD1 Win User

I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in

I bought a laptop off of somebody yesterday. (hp 15 ba009dx) I had to factory reset it to clear the Microsoft account on it to change it to mine.

After it reset and restarted I'm prompted with the login screen that says "Other User" and is asking for a password and username.

I tried my Microsoft account and its saying its incorrect, I tried using the previous owner's info and it doesn't work either so now I am locked out of my laptop..

:)

IsisD1, Nov 25, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 25, 2018
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 25, 2018
  4. I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in

factory reset

Hi,

There shouldn't be an issue singing in to your computer after performing a factory reset. What's odd is that the error message "Your account has been disabled" is showing up. However, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the signing
    in page with the said error message. It's for us to determine what would be the steps that we need to isolate your concern.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in

1. I factory reset my new PC, now it won't let me sign in - Similar Threads - factory reset won't

2. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in: I recently downloaded a new update on my surface laptop 2It brings up blue screen asking "choose if you want to keep signing in with your face or fingerprint"Regardless of which option I choose the next screen shows "Something went wrong but you can try again" and in yellow...
  3. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in: I recently downloaded a new update on my surface laptop 2It brings up blue screen asking "choose if you want to keep signing in with your face or fingerprint"Regardless of which option I choose the next screen shows "Something went wrong but you can try again" and in yellow...
  4. Downloaded new update on my laptop, now won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I factory reset my pc and now it’s not letting me sign in popping up with a message saying...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my pc and now it’s not letting me sign in popping up with a message saying...: I factory reset my pc because it was being slow. After it was done I went to sign in and it wouldn’t let me it kept asking for password which I used pin. It wouldn’t let me use pin and I’ve tried so many thing. I got the password and when I finally entered it it said The User...
  6. I factory reset my pc and now it’s not letting me sign in popping up with a message saying...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I factory reset my pc and now it’s not letting me sign in popping up with a message saying...: I factory reset my pc because it was being slow. After it was done I went to sign in and it wouldn’t let me it kept asking for password which I used pin. It wouldn’t let me use pin and I’ve tried so many thing. I got the password and when I finally entered it it said The User...
  7. I factory reset my pc and now it’s not letting me sign in popping up with a message saying...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 won't let me factory reset.

Windows 10 won't let me factory reset.: This all started out with one of the cumulative updates from last year failing which lead me to try and fix it, only to hit a brick wall every single time. Fast forward 10 months of more failed updates and I decided to try the nuclear option and factory reset my desktop....
  9. Windows 10 won't let me factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't let me factory reset: Hi, me again. After much thought, I've decided I want to fully reset my laptop back to factory settings. I've already saved my folders that I wish to keep onto a USB. After I go into Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Reset, it comes back with "Could not find the...
  10. Windows won't let me factory reset my pc

Windows won't let me factory reset my pc: Hello! I have a big problem so two days ago I wanted to factory reset my pc but then suddenly this error happened. It showed me ,,could not found the recovery enviroment". I searched on google and I found something based on reagentc that I should enable it but when I want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows pc and now defaultuser0 wont let me sign in no drive