Windows 10: I factory reset my pc in safe mode

Discus and support I factory reset my pc in safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I put my pc into safe mode then restarted it but before logging back in I factory reset my pc and then I get a pop up saying "Windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Devin_lopez1, May 28, 2020.

1. I factory reset my pc in safe mode

So I put my pc into safe mode then restarted it but before logging back in I factory reset my pc and then I get a pop up saying "Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To continue installing windows, restart the computer." And I did this by using the command prompt by pressing shift and f10 I typed in "shutdown /r" and "shutdown -r" to restart it but it just brought me back to the same message after a black screen.I factory reset my pc in safe mode [​IMG]

:)

Devin_lopez1, May 28, 2020

2. Safe mode reset

Hi Oliver,

It's possible that your device is set to boot in Safe Mode. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R to open Run Dialog box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Under General tab, choose Normal startup if it's not selected already.
    • Now, go to Boot tab, uncheck the Safe Boot
      option if it is checked.
    • Click OK to save the changes and restart the device to boot in Normal mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 28, 2020
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 28, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

I factory reset my pc in safe mode

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 28, 2020
Thema:

I factory reset my pc in safe mode

1. I factory reset my pc in safe mode - Similar Threads - factory reset safe

2. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc: Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD error code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The main problem is that I can’t get into « safe mode » or get my laptop to reset....
  3. Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get into safe mode or reset my pc: Hi, I just bought a new gaming laptop which is the Rog strix g16 and after downloading major updates and resetting my laptop, I got stuck into the BSOD error code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. The main problem is that I can’t get into « safe mode » or get my laptop to reset....
  4. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.: SO my pc got bsod and boots into safe mode wanting me to sign to proceed to command line when i close it and want to factory reset the pc. it says: an error occurred while performing a factory reset...
  5. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.: SO my pc got bsod and boots into safe mode wanting me to sign to proceed to command line when i close it and want to factory reset the pc. it says: an error occurred while performing a factory reset...
  6. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Reset PC while in safe mode?

Reset PC while in safe mode?: I keep getting this popup that says “Microsoft Windows is not responding”, and I tried everything that I could to fix it but none of them worked. I then asked the original owner and builder of the PC and he told me that it might be just a Windows problem and I should just...
  8. How to Reset a PC in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Reset a PC in Safe Mode: Hello, My PC gets a BSOD constantly whenever I'm not in Safe Mode, within minutes of starting the PC. After doing everything I can to try to fix it checking the disk, sfc, crash logs, etc., I just want to reinstall Windows. Unfortunately, Windows is telling me that PC...
  9. Reset to factory mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset to factory mode: How do i reset to factory mode if I dont have the administrator login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-to-factory-mode/57dd275d-7ad5-4481-87a7-e21982610b9d
  10. Factory restore in safe mode

Factory restore in safe mode: Unknowingly I did a factory restore in safe mode. And now I am unable to sign in to my computer or get anything to come up as far as Windows 10 goes. I just get an error message informing me it can’t finish install in safe mode. My command prompt comes up as X:Windows/system...