Windows 10: I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...

Discus and support I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/samtheorca [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/samtheorca, Dec 12, 2020.

1. I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...

/u/samtheorca, Dec 12, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 12, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 12, 2020
  4. I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...

Looping after factory reset

There is not much to do than again factory reset your computer.

Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery starts automatically if Windows will not startup. The recovery environment allows you to diagnose hardware issues, repair issues, back up files, and restore factory settings. You can start the recovery environment at any time.
    Verify the list of systems on which Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery is supported.

You should able to factory reset with Windows 10 Installation DVD. You can create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

FreeBooter, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a...

1. I factory reset my pc, it said it needed to do a repair i did it, then it took me into a... - Similar Threads - factory reset said

2. How do I factory reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset my pc?: How do I factory reset my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-factory-reset-my-pc/7c4584d9-56ec-42d4-baa6-a0bb2f3d0cfb
  3. How do I factory reset my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I factory reset my pc?: How do I factory reset my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-factory-reset-my-pc/7c4584d9-56ec-42d4-baa6-a0bb2f3d0cfb
  4. How do I repair my computer if it won't let me reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I repair my computer if it won't let me reset to factory settings.: Hello, yesterday, out of nowhere, my laptop decided to blue screen me. I didn't install any suspicious files or did anything that would damage it. The error message is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, but since then almost every message is different. I decided yo hard reset it since I...
  5. How do I repair my computer if it won't let me reset to factory settings.

How do I repair my computer if it won't let me reset to factory settings.: Hello, yesterday, out of nowhere, my laptop decided to blue screen me. I didn't install any suspicious files or did anything that would damage it. The error message is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, but since then almost every message is different. I decided yo hard reset it since I...
  6. I factory reset my computer and when i did it said my disk space full but before i factory...

I factory reset my computer and when i did it said my disk space full but before i factory...: When my computer was acting up and I couldn't run anything i tried to factory reset my computer, but it did not work I sent it to a shop to do it but when it came back, I no longer had a terabyte, I had 34 gigabytes please help....
  7. I factory reset my computer and when i did it said my disk space full but before i factory...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I factory reset my computer and when i did it said my disk space full but before i factory...: When my computer was acting up and I couldn't run anything i tried to factory reset my computer, but it did not work I sent it to a shop to do it but when it came back, I no longer had a terabyte, I had 34 gigabytes please help....
  8. I factory reset my computer and when i did it said my disk space full but before i factory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Do I need to factory reset or no?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need to factory reset or no?: I got a notification saying that both my antivirus were turned off and so I did a scan and found threats but it didn't let me do the "start actions" so I contacted support and the person sent me a link that said "MSERT" and claimed it was an antivirus and I don't know if that...
  10. I DID A RESET ON MY LAPTOP AND IT DID NOT ASK ME TO DO STEPS OF SETUP AND TOOK ME TO LOGIN...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I DID A RESET ON MY LAPTOP AND IT DID NOT ASK ME TO DO STEPS OF SETUP AND TOOK ME TO LOGIN...: I did a rest on my laptop, after all the loading it did, some updates after that it should have took me to setup for creating account, setting password and others steps but it only gave me two steps that are, accept terms and conditions, and to connect to a network. After...